Remote Start Beeping

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CivicTypeR 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2003 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys,
I bought the Viper790xv and had a friend that works at a local shop here in Phx, AZ install it for me. I have a 2000 Honda Civic EX my question is when the vehicle is started remotely my car will beep constantly and the parking lights flash along with the beeping. The beeping is the same as if I were to put the key in (w/o remote starting) and turning it to on but not starting it. Any one have any ideas as to what could be causing this problem. I've had a hard time getting a hold of my friend cause he has been to busy at work. I have never hooked up an alarm however I can do wiring for a stereo so I'm not exactly a newbie. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Coomer 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2003 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe your car beeps if the key is in the ignition ON position and your driver's seat belt isn't connected? You could test this by turning your key to the ON position with the driver's seat belt already connected.
Or maybe the car is beeping to remind you to take out your keys when the car isn't running so that you don't lock them in the car? Does the beeping only happen when the door is open?
CivicTypeR 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2003 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
No Usually if I just put the key in the ingnition and turn it on to listen to the radio or something it will sound like 5 long beeps and then shut off. When remote started it does the same thing except its doing it over and over and over again while the parking lights flash. This only happens if the car is started remotely as soon as I disengage the remote start it goes away.
Coomer 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2003 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
CivicTypeR wrote:
No Usually if I just put the key in the ingnition and turn it on to listen to the radio or something it will sound like 5 long beeps and then shut off.
Mine does the same thing when I turn my ignition to ON, but it'll turn off as soon as I connect my driver's seat belt, or it won't turn on at all if my seat belt is already connected.
Did you try remote starting the car with the driver's seat belt latched? If so, did the beeping stop?
csorrows 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 5:03 AM / IP Logged  
Your RS is probably programed to flash the park lights while running and that is causing the "lights left on" warning chime to sound each time. The accesory wire going to yopur chime brain probably isn't powered up so it thinks the key has been removed.
You can build anything if you have enough time and patience!
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
i agree with csorrows, the lights blinking are normal when the rs.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
CivicTypeR 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys!!!! I thought this topic died Remote Start Beeping - Last Post -- posted image. I'll let my installer know about this. Is this something that needs to be changed with a bit-writter? I think its called?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic