the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 211 Keyless Entry, 2011 Ford E-450 Chassis Winnebago

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
clare isert 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2018 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote clare isert
I am installing a viper 211 keyless entry in a 2011 Ford E450 van chassis class c winnebago Aspect. There is info on this site regarding this and explaining the wire colours and that they are behind the kick panels. My question is do I tie into the wires in the kick panels or at the motors in the doors. Also what wire leads to the Motor Home entry door lock, regards, Clare
caisert
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 25, 2018 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
connect to these wires.
Power Lock      gray/yellow      (-)      driver kick or SJB under driver dash, gray 26 pin plug (C), pin 17           
Power Unlock      violet/gray      (-)      driver kick or SJB under driver dash, gray 26 pin plug (C), pin 4
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2018 at 5:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
clare isert wrote:
My question is do I tie into the wires in the kick panels or at the motors in the doors. Also what wire leads to the Motor Home entry door lock, regards, Clare
You'll tie in at the kick panel or the SJB under the dash. These wires trigger the factory door lock relays.
Does your motor home entry door have a power door lock or do you have to lock/unlock it manually?
Viper 211 Keyless Entry, 2011 Ford E-450 Chassis Winnebago -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
clare isert 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2018 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote clare isert
The motorhome door has a power lock
caisert
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2018 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
If it locks and unlocks with the other doors, you won't need to tie into it. If not, you'll need to test the wires at the switch for that door to determine the switch type, then wire accordingly.
https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/how-to-determine-power-door-lock-types.asp
Viper 211 Keyless Entry, 2011 Ford E-450 Chassis Winnebago -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
clare isert 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2018 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote clare isert
Perfect, it does lock and unlock. I may need more help but for now, thank you very much, regards, Clare
caisert
the12volt 
Posted: August 26, 2018 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
You're welcome.
clare isert 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2018 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote clare isert
More questions. On the viper system I have wire choices for lock and unlock. I have lock common out put green/blk,lock normally closed wht/blk and lock normally open (input) violet/blk. Unlock common(output)blue/blk and unlock normally open(input)violet. Which one of these do I tie into the van lock and unlock wire
caisert
clare isert 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2018 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote clare isert
And another choice for unlock, brown/blk,normally closed
caisert
the12volt 
Posted: August 26, 2018 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
Lock Common Output Green/Black goes to Gray/Yellow in driver kick or SJB under driver dash, gray 26 pin plug (C), pin 17.
Lock Normally Closed White/Black is not used.
Lock Normally Open Input Violet/Black connects to ground.
Unlock Common Output Blue/Black goes to Violet/Gray in driver kick or SJB under driver dash, gray 26 pin plug (C), pin 4.
Unlock Normally Closed Brown/Black is not used.
Unlock Normally Open Input Violet connects to ground.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic