icon

remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soon2bealarmtec 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2003 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  

1. Hey guys i would like to know that  how many wires are for remote start alarm, what wires goes to what, I'm thinking about a car that is automatic with fuel injec.

2. Alright is it true that there is alarm with remote starter with built in relay so i wouldn't have to spend time using a relay when already wired up in the brain if so what products.

3. if you have remote start is it the same as wiring for the basic like just finding the wire and taping it in

4. Last question if you have remote start and you want to start it ahead of time do you unlock the doors(disarm) start it and lock it (arm)or is that only if you have starter disabler.

csorb 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2003 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like this is your first installation of an alarm remote starter.
There are many wires for different things and the exact amount will depend on your application. As far as on-board relays, a start-inhibit relay will require more than one connection and you are better off just using the seperate relay that comes with the system.
As far as making your connections, be sure that "taping into the wire" is done in a solid way, preferably with solder.
My suggestion to you is to go out and buy a decent quality system (Hornet, Prestige, Magnadyne, Crimegaurd ect.) Unpack everything, read through the manual and work your way through it one wire at a time. many of your questions will be answered immediately and for the others you can come back and ask for help.
completeaudio 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2003 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  

1. Hey guys i would like to know that  how many wires are for remote start alarm, what wires goes to what, I'm thinking about a car that is automatic with fuel injec.

This will be diffrent with every car and every alarm... generally speaking... in addition to all other standard alarm wires.... you connect to the starter wire, ignition, accesory, tachometer, hood pin... basically you have to power all start and ignition wires that are used to normally start the car.  

2. Alright is it true that there is alarm with remote starter with built in relay so i wouldn't have to spend time using a relay when already wired up in the brain if so what products.

The alarms come with the relays need for general installation.  Depending on the brand you purchase...  the relays will be interally built into the alarm or if using DEI products they will be standard relays on a harness that are easy to replace in case of failure.  Some cars may need additional relays during installation ... example... two starter wires may need an additional relay for powering.

3. if you have remote start is it the same as wiring for the basic like just finding the wire and taping it in

basically the same... starter kill will require you to cut the starter wire.

4. Last question if you have remote start and you want to start it ahead of time do you unlock the doors(disarm) start it and lock it (arm)or is that only if you have starter disabler.

The alarm will disable the starter kill relay for you when remote starting.  If you have a forcoty starter kill you will need to by pass that (may need to program the alrm to unlock the doors and then relock after start).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic