the12volt.com spacer
icon

Relay, Electric Running Boards

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tmartellc 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2018 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tmartellc
Im trying to wire up electric running boards. They have a motor power & ground. when powered it open the running boards and when I reverse the polarity it closes the running boards. I want to wire them up to the interior lights on inside the truck. When the truck interior lights come on I want the running boards to come out. I haven't figured out how to reverse the polarity when I close the door and the lights come off. So when the truck inteior lights come on I want the running boards to come out and when the lights cut off I want the running boards to go back in.
Relay, Electric Running Boards -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 09, 2018 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Do they have internal limit switches?
ONLY IF THEY HAVE INTERNAL LIMIT SWITCHES SHOULD YOU ATTEMPT THE FOLLOWING. If you are not sure, do not attempt the following.
If so, 2 Single pole double throw relays wired as follows:
Relay 1, +12 to 87 Ground to 87A One side of your motor to 30 You did not tell us what vehicle so I can not at this time tell you what to do with 85 and 86
Relay 1, Ground to 87, +12 to 87A The other side of motor to 30.
If it is operating backwards reverse the wires going to the motor.
You need to ground or power both 85 terminals. connect both 86 terminals to the wire you are wanting to use at the domelight.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic