the12volt.com spacer
icon

Biometric Fingerprint Vehicle Access System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
topguntech 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2018 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topguntech
Afternoon all,
Stumbled across the12volt.com while doing some research the other day, fantastic resource btw. I was part of a development stage company many years ago that created an aftermarket fingerprint vehicle access system. We were ahead of our time, ran out of resources, and failed to commercialize these systems. The company is defunct and for the past few years I’ve been trying to sell the remaining inventory on the bay with not much luck.
A quick search of this site and I found there were a few threads regarding biometrics. I thought maybe some of the board members here would like to get their hands on one of these kits for demonstration purposes. I’d be happy to ship you one at no charge and I’ll even cover the postage (Continental US only please). Yours to test, install, customize, and put through the paces. This, in an effort to possibly source a market or stimulate interest for these kits.
The people that have used/installed them really love the tech. A few have been incorporated into some high end custom builds in the auto, marine, and RV industries. The kits that we installed on over a dozen test vehicles are still functioning well after almost fourteen years with only minor issues.
I’ll post some pics below. PM me if you have any interest and I can forward you some documentation for your review. Thanks for stopping by.
Cheers!
TopgunTechnology

Biometric Fingerprint Vehicle Access System -- posted image.
elksfc 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2018 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote elksfc
Is there anyway for an avid tech fan who would love to install one of these on his Mustang? Biometric Fingerprint Vehicle Access System -- posted image. This looks amazing. Good luck with your project!
topguntech 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2018 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topguntech
Modern Mustang? The most difficult part of the install is knowing your vehicle's connection points, pinouts, and if any current resistance is required on the circuits. PM me for details and thank you for the reply!    
novsun88 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2018 at 4:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote novsun88
I'm interested. I am a 12v installer, would be a fun project for sure. Do you want me to message my info?
topguntech 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2018 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topguntech
Yes, please PM your contact/shipping info. Cheers!
topguntech 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2019 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topguntech
Just a quick follow up. Any feedback on the kits I've sent out thus far?
Cheers!
TopgunTechnology
webpager 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2019 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote webpager
I would be interested in one to test. I am primarily an upfitter of emergency vehicles, and I have a few ideas I'd like to test. About how long does a scan of a print take from finger in position to electrical signal sent to unlock/activate? How many prints can it store at one time?
I'm PMing my info to you now. I'm hoping that I can sell to a few of my clients as it would generate an additional profit stream for the installs.
Thanks,
Marc
Webpager - Upfitter, computer guy, car guy. I can't tell the difference between Columbian or African coffee, but I knew at age 4 the difference between volts, watts and ohms.
topguntech 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2019 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topguntech
Hi Marc, Check your PM.
Once the fingerprint is enrolled, print authentication to execute/trigger a function is 1 second. The system will allow a total of 16 fingerprints to be enrolled. Enrollment of each fingerprint takes 10 seconds.
gshookupz 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2019 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gshookupz
I would be interested to test this out. Please pm me back if this is still available. Gshookupz@hotmail.com george delgado 5206060123 444 W 32nd Street Tucson Az 85713
Do it movin! "I still have the Twindows modules from My 86 mr2 in the bottom of my box"
topguntech 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2019 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote topguntech
Bump for a quick follow up. I've given away almost two-dozen of these kits and unfortunately not much feedback. Are you finding it difficult to facilitate the proper connections to your vehicle's BCM? Trouble programming the system? Functionality issues? Maybe if you post the specific vehicle make/model/year we could address any issues you are having. Again, the hardest part of the install (IMHO) is determining how to integrate with your specific vehicle's BCM. The pin-outs for the lock/unlock, alarm arm/disarm, starter lock-out, trunk open/close (if applicable). And if there is a need for any resistors, relays, etc.      
Cheers!
TopgunTechnology
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic