the12volt.com spacer
icon

Try to Identify This White Noise in My Car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
marker227 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2018 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote marker227
Hey all,
I'm having some audio trouble within my car. I have a 2015 Lexus CT200H. I will list the exact equipment below. I am having a horrible hissing/static/white noise type of sound coming through my speakers. I can't figure out why it's happening. It also doesn't happen all the time. It's intermittent. I also can't figure out what aggravates the noise or influences it to change in any way. The noise does completely go away when I shut off the radio (obviously). The sound noise IS present with music, Bluetooth phone calls, etc. I am posting a video clip to this thread so you all can hear it for yourself. I'm also attaching how my system was wired in a diagram form.
    Head unit: Kenwood DDX9704S.
    5 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-v9
    Amp Speed Wire Kit - Conext Link MSC918-15
    Front Dash Speakers 3.5" Inch Evolution Series Coaxial Speakers JL Audio C2-350x
    Front Door Speakers 6.5” "Slim" Inverted Magnet Design Mid-Woofer CDT-Audio ES-6iM
    MiniDSP 2x4 (Digital Sound Processor) MiniDSP 700-124b
    RCA Wires 12’ 4000 Series 6 Ch. Interconnects Stinger SI-4612
    RCA Wires 3' 4000 Series 2 Ch. Interconnects Stinger SI423
    RCA Wires 3' 4000 Series 2 Ch. Interconnects Stinger SI423
    Rear Door Speakers 6" Inch Evolution Series Coaxial Speakers JL Audio C2-600x
    Subwoofer 10" JL Audio 8W3V3-4
I haven't tried unplugging the MiniDSP to eliminate things one by one.
One thing that is worth mentioning is the 5 Channel Amp is under the driver side seat. The MiniDSP and its power source brick is laying on top of it. The MiniDSP is also wired directly to the remote turn on wire coming directly off of the amp (it was a quick fix to a problem that was present at the time), I know it's kinda wrong).
If anyone has suggestions on what to do, I'd seriously appreciate it. This noise is killing me so badly!  Try to Identify This White Noise in My Car -- posted image.
Video Clip of noise in car
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 27, 2018 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
At what number on the volume of the radio do you listen at?
marker227 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2018 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote marker227
I listen to the radio around 20-30 level. However, the noise does NOT change with the volume control, or whether or not I'm actually playing media.
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2018 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
Are you using your heated seat?
marker227 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2018 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote marker227
I didn't have them on during the time of the video. I also don't use them often at all.
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2018 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
Have you removed the inputs from the DSP o see if the noise goes away?
Have you removed the outputs from the DSP to see if the noise goes away?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 29, 2018 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
If you turn all 3 gain controls of the amplifier all the way down, Does the noise go away?
marker227 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2018 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote marker227
Turning the gain up and down only only reduced line noise/white noise. I experienced that when it was tuned.
I will have to try eliminating the DPS while the noise is present and see if that has any impact on it.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2018 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ravendarat
Jesus that’s about as bad as I’ve ever heard. Definitely start by unplugging the output side of the DSP first, if it goes away, plug the outputs back in and unplug the inputs, if the problem is still there it’s the DSP, which is currently my guess
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
marker227 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2018 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote marker227
I'm sorry I was vague in my last post. I had every intention in unplugging it first. I just haven't had the time to get to it yet. I only opened this discussion to see if anyone heard of this type of issue and could easily identify it prior to me getting around to physically troubleshooting it. My apologies! :)
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic