the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Subaru 2009 Impreza Remote Start Wiring?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kylen 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2018 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kylen
Hi there,
I'm working on connecting my viper remote start system to my 2009 Subaru Impreza (sedan). Does anyone happen to have a diagram of its wiring? I'm trying to figure out where to connect my (-) 200mA wire to. (It can set it to pulse or latch, but I'm pretty sure I need to pulse it based on my testing)
kylen 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2018 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kylen
I should add, I'm using the Viper 5305 Remote starter. The rest of the system has been hooked up for a year, but now I'm looking to turn in my rear defroster when it's cold out automatically.
kylen 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2018 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kylen
Based on this old post: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=138473
I can just splice my (-) 200mA defrost wire (from my remote starter) to Rear BCM GREY 35 PIN CONN, PIN 16?
Is that information accurate?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 28, 2018 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
You can lookup wiring here:
http://www.bbbind.com/free-tsb
Under Body & Accessories, there are 4 diagrams for rear defogger, but they all include pin 16 at the BCM (Body Integrated Unit).
Verify with a meter. If it gets a momentary ground when you press the button, you can connect directly. Just make sure you program it to pulse.
If this does not work, you can program to latch and wire a separate relay to power the rear grid directly.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
kylen 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2018 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kylen
It looks like the pulse worked perfectly spliced into that wire. Thank you!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic