the12volt.com spacer
icon

Lock Problem in 2004 Grand Cherokee

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
squallz 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2018 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote squallz
I just got a new compustar remote start that also has keyless entry. The module supplies a single negative lock and single negative unlock pulse wire. It seems like my car has type c door locks but when I power probe the wires it looks like they are running on a 5v reference instead of 12v. How do I wire into these locks so I can have keyless entry??
squallz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2018 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote squallz
2004 Grand Cherokee
squallz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2018 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote squallz
It's also worth mentioning that I have the remote start part working 100% and said FU to a bypass module and just taped an extra key by the key cylinder. It works fine for my purposes. It's a compustar 2 way remote start with the lcd screen and it's also got an alarm with a shock sensor, siren, etc (also hooked up). All I wanna do now is hook up the parking lights (headlights are already hooked up). I read that the parking lights need a ground pulse through a 1300ohm resisor to activate? I don't want to get into the trouble of getting the 455JW because quite frankly it's not very well documented and I'm impatient waiting for shipping
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2018 at 4:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Not using a data module to control the door locks in that vehicle is a labor intensive and time consuming task.
Basically you will need 4 relays and have to go into both front doors to complete the install. If you want to
go that way, here is a link to some helpful information from Bulldog Security :
    http://diagrams.marktoonen.nl/DOWNLOADS/3430_GRAND-CHEROKEE_JEEP%20GRAND%20CHEROKEE%20LOCKS.pdf
They show it with their prewired "778 relays" but you can duplicate it with regular 30/40 Amp SPDT relays.
As for the Parking Lights, yes 1,300 ohm resistor. Here is a link to Bulldogs info :
   http://diagrams.marktoonen.nl/DOWNLOADS/14301_GRAND-CHEROKEE_GRAND%20CHEROKEE%20PARKING%20LIGHT%20DIAGRAM.pdf
They use a relay controlled by the (+) Parking Light output from the R/S system.
Here is a link to a Pictorial on your Jeep that shows the Parking Light MUX wire.
    https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=137527
Soldering is fun!
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2018 at 4:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
squallz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2018 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote squallz
If I only put 1 relay in each front door, won't it only control the 2 front doors?
squallz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2018 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote squallz
Also, I already have all the relaus. Once I get the door panel off, there are the 2 wires running from inside the boot up to the switch and those are the only wires I see. Where do I splice them?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 11, 2018 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
You can actually get to the 3 connections of either of the door lock switches. You can then use only 2 relays in only one door. This will unlock and lock all 5 doors. It has been a while since we have done 1. If you remove the housing from the door and take some pictures I can guide you. This duplicates the switch being pressed.
Relays as such. 30 of both relays to the common connection of the switch. 87 of 1 to the lock of switch. 87 of the other relay to unlock.   
This does require soldering onto a circuit board. And following traces from switch to the next down line connection to solder to.
squallz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2018 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote squallz
If I can avoid soldering, I want to do that at all costs. Even if it's following the instructions by kreg. After I destroyed my gauge cluster on my other vehicle while trying to changed light color, I'll never get a soldering iron close to a vehicle again lmao.
So basically I need 4 relays, 2 for each front door...
squallz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2018 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote squallz
Lock Problem in 2004 Grand Cherokee -- posted image.
Here..4 relays 2 for each door (even though it only says 2, but shows 4).
Will this work if my RS/KLE module outputs a negative pulse for door locks? Is that what this diagram is for?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic