the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Toyota Sienna CE & Viper 4105v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aguilarpro 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2018 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aguilarpro
I finished my install on the Sienna 2007 and wired up everything per the DBALL3 requirement and internet sources for which wire should be wired. I completed all steps and lock/unlock works fine and remote start, no issues. What I have seen is that the parking lights are not turning on when either unlocking/locking or remote starting. I have my polarities right, negative in this case, right side of the 3 pins.
I have also noted that the parking lights will go on by default if the light switch is turned to on (Toyota shuts the light off as if it were in auto mode when removing the key and locking), however when remote starting and shut the car off with the viper, the lights will stay on for a very long time, I didn't wait more than 10 minutes because it would drain the battery.
Horn for locking/unlocking is not working either but panic mode works.
Do you any of you have any clues on how to test if the RS unit is sending the signal for either the horn or parking lights or this there a feature that I need to enable?
Honda Accord 2008 EX-L 2.4 S
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 25, 2018 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Menu 1 Feature 1 is the horn. Off is the default option, so try another. Options 2-5 adjust the length of the pulse (20ms-50ms).
Menu 2 Feature 3 are the parking lights. Try setting it to constant (option 2). Backprobe this wire with the black lead of your meter at the headlight switch. Set your meter to DC volts and touch the red lead to constant 12 volts positive. Watch the watch for the reading on your meter while arming/disarming. It should jump from 0v to 12v momentarily.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
aguilarpro 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2019 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aguilarpro
I think I never came back to check as I was never notified, I feel like 12Volt should enable this by default, perhaps a setting that I will check. So it worked with the programming options for the parking lights and honk with arming disarming. For the issue that I had with the headlights not turning off after remote start time limit reached. I kind of figured it is a wire that needs to be hardwired to the door open/close switch which I think is called "Door Trigger" (Blue[-]). I have not tested this as I have not had the chance to go back and get the needed wire.
Honda Accord 2008 EX-L 2.4 S

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic