the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 4706v Status Light Won’t Turn Off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spadz93 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2018 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spadz93
Trying to install a 4706V paired to a fortin evo-all (with their t-harness) remote start system into a 2015 Jeep Compass (auto). I got the bypass programmed successfully, but for whatever reason the status LED on the viper's control center module stays constant blue, and doesn't turn off unless I completely disconnect the viper unit. The remotes that came with the kit aren't paired (it's a refurb kit), so I can't even try to take it out of valet mode. However, I had a spare viper brain of the same model laying around, and when I swapped that in, it did the same thing, which has me thinking it's not in valet mode.
The only thing that I can think of is that the Fortin diagram says that the 12v from the T harness (and by extension, the ignition switch) only supplies 10a max. Otherwise I followed this diagram to a tee. Would that not be enough amperage for the viper kit?
Connection A on the following pdf http://cdn02.fortin.ca/download/28831/evo-all_evochrt5_p20160902-2.pdf
spadz93 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2018 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spadz93
Bump, anyone have any ideas? Kinda caught in a situation, this is supposed to be for someone else's car and I need to install it asap
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2018 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
Key ON, Key OFF, push button. << Another way to get out of Valet Mode without a remote.
There are a couple of antenna / control center models. They are not interchangeable. You mention "refurbished". Perhaps you were given the incorrect antenna for your module?
spadz93 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2018 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote spadz93
All the cables fit together but it did look different than the ones I usually get with these kits. I'll look around and see if I can find a model similar to the ones that usually come with these kits

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic