the12volt.com spacer
icon

Q Frequency In-Dash Clarion CZ505

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mjoekingz28 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2018 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mjoekingz28
Hello. I received help here when asking about MB-EX on my Clarion CZ505.
I call to ask, about the parametric EQ system, it has frequency, gain, and "Q". What is Q? It has like a .7, 1.0, 1.4, and 2 setting for each of the bass, midrange, and treble settings.
There is a visual on the ClarionUSA web page that shows 'something' maybe like one of those termlab oscilloscope readings.
I think I am in the final stages of tuning my system, then I can just put on the music and send all my attention to the volume knob.
I am dangerous driving fiddling with my CD player. I was 16 and had a wreck because of it- and during the time I sold car audio I often recommended a remote control because of this.
Thank You
Thank You very much
mjoekingz28 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2018 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mjoekingz28
The Q is how wide the desired frequency is affected. I found this on . the lower the Q value the wider the range, whereas the higher the value the more sharp the range.
So I can dial in 100Hz and make the Q wider to cover, say, 80-120Hz with, say, .7 OR narrower to 95Hz and 105Hz with a Q of 1.4.
That is how I interpreted the paragraph.
So, now a new question. A graphic EQ affects the 100HZ Q with what range? Is it universal or specific to each model/brand AND also does the boost/cut in dB of gain affect it differently?
........more confusion sets in

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic