the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 Traverse Heated Seat Programming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
more22explore 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2018 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote more22explore
I want to install this kit in my truck:
https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2009-2010-2011-2012-traverse-heated-seat-kit/19202872-p-437.html
It says it requires dealer programming. Does anyone have any knowledge as to what this involves and how to do it myself?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 27, 2018 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
You could install it, but you likely need a GM Tech2 or equivalent to "add" it to the car. You can probably purchase one for several hundred dollars.
Unless you or a buddy has one, your cheapest option would likely be an independent shop.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2018 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
The programming is only available to GM dealers or aftermarket shops that have an account with AC Delco. A Tech 2 won't help. There is an authorization number included in the GM Accessory heated seat kits. The dealer will require this code to give them access to the software. Without the code, you can't get the system programmed as it is proof that you purchased the accessory kit. The software cost is built into the cost of the kit. Dealer must use SPS programming to activate the feature within the HVAC module after calling into GM Techline or AC Delco and giving them the VIN of the vehicle and the authorization code. The code is a one time use only. There is some other programming which a dealer requires GDS2 (GM scan tool)to do but without the SPS programming the heated seats won't work. If you don't have the authorization number, your wasting your time.
sparky
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2018 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Alternatively, you may be able to use the switches to control your own relays and bypass the BCM, etc.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2019 at 4:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
It comes down to a total lockout of the end user or DIY'er. You have to pay GM to add the option code to you build sheet on their system then once that is done the dealer needs to reprogram the vehicles computer to add the functionality of the option to the vehicles computer. Basicly it requires the whole computer to be programmed with a complete image. Dealer cannot and is not allowed to modify any single part of the software only download and flash as a whole. You will be charged by the dealer to program the vehicle and if the kit you bought doesn't include the cost of the option code upgrade you will also have to pay GM to update the option code. Last reference that I heard tell of is that GM charges like either ($58 or $85 can't remember for sure which!) for the option upgrade and the dealer will charge $140 to Flash it to your vehicle.

All junk\salvage yard upgrades ie power mirrors/seats heated seats driving/fog lights and the like not originally sold with new will not function even if the wiring is already there as the computer is not programmed to operate the internal relays!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic