the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 Ford F-150 Lock Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
prestonfuqua 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2019 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prestonfuqua
I just installed a Viper 4806v keyless and remote start system in my 2004 Ford F-150 (automatic transmission). Everything is working great except the locks. I only have two aftermarket DEI 524N locks in my truck and I can't seem to get any response out of the blue or green 3 pin door lock connector. In the documentation it states that it pulses the blue and green wires respectively when locking/unlocking the system but I'm not getting anything out of either when I meter them. Am I misunderstanding what these two wires are used for? Am I going to need to get the 451M Door Lock Relay Module? Any help is much appreciated.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 22, 2019 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
That's tough to say without enough information.
It looks like you added a couple aftermarket door lock actuators, so I'm guessing your truck didn't come with power locks. Is this correct?
How did you connect the door locks actuators?
How did you test the green and blue wires for output?
Are you using relays? How did you connect the green and blue wires from the Viper? They are intended to drive relays only, not the actuators themselves. The 451M could be used as you suggest.
If they were connected to the actuators, you probably fried the outputs already. If this is the case, you can still try using the factory alarm arm/disarm wires in the Viper harness.
Check the relay section of this site for a diagram for adding aftermarket actuators.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
prestonfuqua 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2019 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prestonfuqua
Correct, the power locks were added after. It was all run direct from a Viper 211HV which is why I thought it might be able to be run from the 4806v.
The green and blue wires are the only ones not hooked up as of right now. I have only tested them to ground using my voltmeter expecting I'd see the 12v pulse but have not. Is that what I should be seeing (not really knowing what legs of the relay they are connected to)?
Thanks for the quick response and help.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 22, 2019 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Oh, okay then. The blue and green wires are negative outputs. With your meter set to read DC volts, connect your red meter lead to a 12 volt constant source and the black lead to blue (unlock) or green (lock). When you hit arm/disarm on your remote you should see 12 volts momentarily.
If it's too quick to display, and your meter shows "OL", that should work fine. You can always connect relays and feel/listen for them to click.
This is the diagram you want to use:
https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram48.html
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
prestonfuqua 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2019 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prestonfuqua
Thanks so much for the clarification. Looks like I just need to add the relays on, as I don't have the factory relays/power locks. The blue and green wires checked out too. Thanks again for the quick and prompt help!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic