the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 Chevy Tahoe w/Keyless Entry, Base Model Auto Page C3-RS730

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2019 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
2004 Chevy Tahoe w/Keyless Entry, Base Model Auto Page C3-RS730 - Page 2 -- posted image.
Looks like it is listed. Pretty sure I've done a few with the INT-SL+ over the years.
Currently I use iDatalink modules and like the ability to have one module that can be
flashed with various firmwares that can support a wide range of vehicles.
I suggested the INT-SL+ because it comes ready to go right out of the box. Most newer
modules have to be flashed prior to use. As you found out, obtaining a newer module
flashed with the correct firmware can be difficult. There are some online sellers that
will do this for you prior to shipment. The newer modules are usually more expensive.
Really your choice. If you can find someone to flash and sell an EVO-ALL w/70.21
firmware, it's a decent choice. The install guide is pretty complete with pictures,
too. Below is a link to a Pictorial on the sister vehicle, the Yukon, that should
assist you also.
   https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=133000
Soldering is fun!
dtnel78 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2019 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dtnel78
My apologies, I guess I didn't notice that second row I was only looking at the first row and then realized the difference there between the different years.
That makes it that much easier because from what I was able to see and maybe you can correct me if I'm wrong is it you can buy the flash module 4 online plug it into your computer at home and flasher on module from what they were saying? You know that to be valid or not? I'm referring to using the Fortin one.
IF this is the case it would be nice as I could do it for now and have a futureproof so to speak as I don't plan on keeping the vehicle forever. Flipside also is living in the cold if I have a well maintained vehicle with remote start I can just leave it in as I've noticed 09 or so and newer seem to be where they started to go flash, plug and play in terms of making it easier to install newer systems.
I've seen some comments where people said 15-30 min and they had their plug and play installed. They probably did a few before or had plug and play along with specific instructions that made it so quick. Now you're making my decision that much easier. I appreciate it. Thanks!
Any help is better than no help.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2019 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You can get a Flashlink 4 USB cable for about $46. I'm pretty sure you can register an account
with Fortin and download the FlashLink Manager program to your PC. At that point you can flash
and program their bypass modules. I really don't think you will need to update the firmware on
the EVO-ALL after it's installed and working on your Tahoe. Typically the updates are to add
new vehicle support. Occasionally the update is to correct bugs but on a 2004 vehicle I doubt
there are any uncorrected problems.
Soldering is fun!
dtnel78 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2019 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dtnel78
2004 Chevy Tahoe w/Keyless Entry, Base Model Auto Page C3-RS730 - Page 2 -- posted image. 2004 Chevy Tahoe w/Keyless Entry, Base Model Auto Page C3-RS730 - Page 2 -- posted image. Thanks! Now we just have to pull the trigger.
Any help is better than no help.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic