the12volt.com spacer
icon

2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring, Compustar CS4905-S-KIT

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
misterterry 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2019 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote misterterry
I have had the CS4905-S-KIT installed in my 2009 hyundai elantra touring but am experiencing unexpected behavior. I believe it was installed per the manufacturers instructions but requires particular programming to function. 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring, Compustar CS4905-S-KIT -- posted image.
The compustar remote which is a 2 way indicates error when pressing lock button. It chirps three times (instead of once) and flashes lock and trunk lights on remote indicating the error type (?). Doors still do lock and horn honks upon second lock press. This is the desired factory behavior minus the error flashback. The unlock button will not unlock the doors. After several button presses it will. I suspect from reading on here that the settings should be set to double pulse the unlock? Does the lock require double pulse to correct the locking error shown on remote?
When holding trunk button on remote, the doors unlock and trunk unlocks. Factory behavior doesn't require unlocking the doors, I think this should be set to disarm and trunk only in the programming? Finally, when pressing trunk button (and unlocking all doors and trunk), the horn will honk 3 times when the trunk is opened. From reading, this seems to indicate an open zone (trunk) when attempting to arm the alarm. But why is it immediately attempting to rearm if I just unlocked the trunk and opened it within seconds? I'm still playing with it but I think it only honks when using trunk button from armed state (2 lock presses). In all honesty, I didnt expect the remote start to add security features. If the alarm features are disabled in programming, will the honks stop?
I'd like to lock without error flashes on remote and unlock when expected. If I can program driver's unlock priority, all the better as this was the factory behavior as well.
Any insight would be appreciated. I feel blind with the lack of documentation given so am not sure what to ask for.
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2019 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
I'm not a Compustar expert, but as far as unlock goes, a double pulse unlock is required for the diagram that you show. The first pulse disarms, second pulse will unlock. As far as the trunk/hatch, if you don't wish to unlock the doors, disarm and trunk only will keep the doors locked while you access the trunk.   
Not sure about the error on lock, maybe someone more familiar with Compustar can give you further guidance.
Lectric Guy
misterterry 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2019 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote misterterry
Thank you.
I think I’ve deduced most of the problems are due to the passive alarm setting being on. The “errors” I’m seeing must be warnings attempting to lock/arm during the systems countdown. Hopefully this is easy to correct in programming.
Now I’m confused on setting drivers priority unlock which is the factory behavior. Does this require additional wiring or simply setting it in programming. If the option is set, is the unit able to talk to the car to achieve this two step unlocking like from the original key fob?
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2019 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
Driver's priority unlock would require different wiring, along with the feature being enabled in the remote start. The unlock wire from the remote start would need to be connected to the driver's door unlock relay (typically this is in the passenger compartment fuse box of Hyundai vehicles), and the remote start's 2nd unlock wire would need to be connected to the unlock wire in the vehicle where you currently have the remote start unlock wire connected. It's not just feature programming.
Lectric Guy

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic