the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Kicker Woofers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ull3030 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2003 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  

First Post

I own a Nissan Frontier Crew Cab.  I had 4 12" kicker comp vr's with two Linear Power 500's.  I did a 151.2 on the SPL meter.  This worked ok but I since removed all of the woofers.  I had problems with one of the amplifers and is was not worth repairing.

My question is what would be the better choice: 

pair of kicker comp vr 18" subs or

pair of kicker L5 subs 15"

The enclousure wil be ported.  For now I will use my current amplifer until I can purchase a larger one.  thanks for any help

Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2003 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
Think about gettin the new L7's? those are nice.
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2003 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  

Are you just looking for the highest DB possible ?  

ull3030 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2003 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  
bberman1 wrote:

Are you just looking for the highest DB possible ?  

no not really.....  I would like to have a good all around sound

thomasbutler 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2003 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  
Im thinking about getting the kicker vr 15's did the 12's sound nice
ull3030 
Posted: June 09, 2003 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  

thomasbutler wrote:
Im thinking about getting the kicker vr 15's did the 12's sound nice

In my opinion I would choose Kicker over any other driver.  This is a list of the previous sub woofers that I owned.

Kicker, Cerwin Vega Stealths, Pyle Driver, M and M , Nightstalker, JL Audio, Rockford Fostgate, Lanzar, Sony, Orion XTR, HI Tech.

I have been using Kicker speakers since 1989.  I had systems with as much as 6 15" woofers to one 10" in a bandpass.  Out of the list above most of these are very good woofers, but in my opinion my best sound was from my 4 12" Kicker  woofers.  My second choice would be is JL Audio (w6 model) 

Good luck....

ull3030 
Posted: June 09, 2003 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  

I forgot about two other manufaturers:

Memphis Audio and Planet audio

Memphis would be my third choice of woofers

Kadetheus 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2003 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
are you sure that you're looking all around good sound? from some of the reviews that i've heard the kicker 18" vrs and the 15" L5s were mainly made for getting high db levels in competitions. i don't know what the results would be in a ported box, but in a sealed box the 18" vrs sounds better than the 15" L5s even on less power. but they're both head bustin' loud!
ull3030 
Posted: June 09, 2003 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  

Kadetheus wrote:
are you sure that you're looking all around good sound? from some of the reviews that i've heard the kicker 18" vrs and the 15" L5s were mainly made for getting high db levels in competitions. i don't know what the results would be in a ported box, but in a sealed box the 18" vrs sounds better than the 15" L5s even on less power. but they're both head bustin' loud!
Thanks for the reply....

yeah the 18" are a little over kill.  My plan is to wire the 18" subs one per amp, so I can run only one at a time.  I cannot wait for my new install.  It is hard to beat a kicker sub combined with a linear power amp.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic