the12volt.com spacer
icon

Crossover Recommendations, Settings?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
13-stang-gt 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2019 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 13-stang-gt
My car audio system consists of the following in my 2013 Mustang GT Coupe:
Kenwood DDX-795 Head Unit
Morel Tempo Ultra 5x7 components - front
Infinity 5x7 coaxials - rear
Rockford Fosgate 12" P2D4 (in a Zenclosure rear fire enclosure)
Rockford Fosgate P250x4 - front and rear speakers
Rockford Fosgate P500x1d - subwoofer
AudioControl DQDX
I am currently using the AudioControl DQDX crossover set at 80Hz. I have the Kenwood head unit audio EQ settings set to flat - crossover off and bass boost off, subwoofer level zero. I also have both Rockford Fosgate crossovers off and set to All Pass setting.
My system sounds good. I have a good centered stage and the bass sounds clean and hits decently hard. I find it a bit unusual that I have my DQDX EQ settings set flat --- but it actually sounds good to me. However, I feel like its not reaching its full potential and I find myself tweaking and re-tweaking. It could be that based on what I have, I might be expecting a bit much from it. I'm fine with that if that's the case, but everyone can relate to wanting to get the most of what you invested in. That's all I'm looking for at this time.
My question for now is: Should I keep my current settings or should I use the crossover either in the Kenwood or Rockford Fosgate Amps? I believe I read somewhere its best to only use one, just not sure which one is best. Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions or recommendations.
gshookupz 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2019 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gshookupz
I think you have a really good set up there. Quality equipment across the board.
would use the sub crossover on the x1d for 80hz and adjust through the processor before as well.
Really the audio control to me seems almost not needed but its has some really nice processing qualities,
the 5x7should be good from 150hz at least right on up. When I tune systems I try to set the mids and highs
first then bring in the woofers for a nice overlap from the mids.
Just throwing my opinion out there, your ears will tell you when its right.
Nice set up!
Remember speakers are always cheaper than hearing aids for a reason!
George
Do it movin! "I still have the Twindows modules from My 86 mr2 in the bottom of my box"

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic