the12volt.com spacer
icon

Directechs Bypass Installation Manual, 2016 Lexus GS30

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
minhbach 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2019 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote minhbach
Can someone confirm that Directechs no longer allow us to access the installation manual for free anymore. We have to login as the directechs dealers to access them. That is sad that they did this to us if it is true.
Can someone post a DBALL3 pdf link for Lexus 2016 GS350 wiring diagram as well as the DBALL3 bypass. I really appreciate your help. Thank you
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 04, 2019 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
minhbach 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2019 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote minhbach
Thank you very much. And one more question, how long does this old website work? Are you going to delete this old website? Thanks
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 08, 2019 at 4:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
I don't know, but it's worked for years. Like many on this site, I don't do this professionally. I'm just a hobbyist.
Many have switched over to Fortin and Idatalink for bypasses:
https://fortin.ca/
https://www.idatalink.com/
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2019 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
It should be noted that DEI/Directed/Directechs does not and has never supported end-user installation. Doing a non-dealer installation is done at your own risk and comes with no warranty (parts or otherwise) or support from DEI. It's fortunate the old site is still around enabling the DIY installs, but if your vehicle requires Key2Go programming you're out of luck and will require a dealer with directech access to do the programming. Whether or not the dealer will do this for a module/system/install they didn't sell and at what cost is to be determined on a case by case basis. In the bigger picture, DEI is very authorized dealer centric and protective of that business model. So if you can acquire parts and do an install without a dealer today, great but don't depend on being able to do it tomorrow.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic