the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Calculating Girth of Wires Grouped Together?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tipsymcstagger 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2019 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tipsymcstagger
Is there a simple calculator someplace that will help determine the total physical diameter/equivalence of several wires grouped together into a single crimp?
In other words, if I want to combine two 12 ga wires and two 14 ga wires into one ring terminal crimp, is there a simple way to determine what size ring terminal I would need (or other similar combinations)?
Thanks.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 14, 2019 at 6:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Look for a conversion table from AWG to CMA. Find your total in CMA's and convert back to AWG if you want.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
tipsymcstagger 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2019 at 7:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tipsymcstagger
Okay, thanks.
I just found this calculator that converts AWG into all of the equivalents. So I guess, like you suggest, I'll just add-up the diameter or CM's and find an AWG that's close in approximation.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic