the12volt.com spacer
icon

Stereo and Backup Camera Wiring Diagram, 2016 Nissan NV 3500 SL

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aharonhakohen 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2019 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aharonhakohen
Hi -
I have another post, related to my install of the Joying 10.1" Android head unit. But, I think this qualifies for its own topic, because there might be future searches for Nissan wiring, not related to the Joying unit.
I am looking for the wiring for my 2016 Nissan NV 3500 SL (with NAV). I have already replaced the head unit, but the SWC and the backup camera are not working. There are two very similar looking connectors. One is the main harness. The other one is for (I assume) the backup camera and SWC. I cannot find the wiring diagram anywhere. Can someone point me in the correct direction?
I will attach a picture of the connector shortly.
Thank you!
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 24, 2019 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
aharonhakohen 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2019 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aharonhakohen
Thank you very much. I will compare to my vehicle later this afternoon.
Here is the picture. The connector I am referring to is the 24 pin connector, third from left.
Stereo and Backup Camera Wiring Diagram, 2016 Nissan NV 3500 SL -- posted image.
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 24, 2019 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
cam video + white   pin 36
cam video - black   pin 35
cam power + violet pin 34 need to use a 6 volt converter (ax-cam6v axxess)-don't hook to +12 volts or you will fry the camera
cam ground - black   pin 33
steering wheel controls
yellow or lt blue   pin 6 A   sw1
white or grey       pin 16 B sw2
brown or lt green   pin 15 C connect to ground
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
aharonhakohen 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2019 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aharonhakohen
Thank you very much. Very helpful!
I already purchased the 12v to 6v (AX-NIS32SWC-6V). Is that what you are referring to? I also purchased the ASWC-1, which comes with its own harness. I am confused about which harness, if any I need.
Thanks!
mgoetz74 
Posted: June 26, 2019 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
yes on the 12 volt to 6 volt converter. I cant remember, does that deck have a head phone style input or a single wire for streeing wheel controls or does it have a key 1,key 2,key ground wire for steering wheel controls?
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
aharonhakohen 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2019 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aharonhakohen
The Joying has Key1 and Key2.
So, I should ignore the harness that came with the ASWC-1, and instead use the AX-NIS32SWC-6V harness? And this will give me backup camera, and SWC?
mgoetz74 
Posted: June 26, 2019 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
yeah its got built in steering wheel adapter so you don't need the aswc-1 at all. I hate using those built in one, key 1 to goes to sw1 and key 2 to sw2 and the brown or light green pin 15 to ground. For some reason those fight me every time and i cant stand them. The AX-NIS32SWC-6V should just be a prewire for the back up cam, should just have to plug the yellow rca into the back up cam input on radio and find the reverse wire
aharonhakohen 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2019 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aharonhakohen
Can you please explain this:
"The AX-NIS32SWC-6V should just be a prewire for the back up cam"
There are two plugs on the AX-NIS... One plugs into the the ASWC-1, and the other looks like it plugs into the factory harness. It does not fit my vehicle. The packaging says until 2015, but the Amazon description says 2012+ (implying that it includes my 2016). So, I assume I just cut the plug, and splice into my harness...
aharonhakohen 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2019 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aharonhakohen
Ok. Sorry for the delayed update.
I ended up sending back the unit I was installing. It did not have instant boot. So, I ordered the exact same one, just with fast boot and also internal SIM card for internet.
Everything is mostly working. I got all of the SWC working! I am having trouble using the factory backup camera. Using the wiring diagram above, I successfully got the camera working (meaning the head unit is showing a picture). But only when I supply constant power. I cannot figure out which wire in the vehicle's harness is the reserve trigger.
Can anyone help?
Thanks!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic