the12volt.com spacer
icon

K40 Circuit Diagram, Fuse or Capacitor?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
icehead2 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2019 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote icehead2
Hello all, recently my radar detector stopped working so I went to the web and found the correct wiring diagram. K40 Circuit Diagram, Fuse or Capacitor? -- posted image.
Looking at the diagram I saw that there was a inline fuse. Ok I thought, that should be an easy fix. Well I was wrong for a very strange reason. There was a capacitor in the circuit instead of a fuse. I've modified the original diagram to show the current circuit here.   K40 Circuit Diagram, Fuse or Capacitor? -- posted image.
So, since I know very little about electronics, I thought it would be prudent of me to see if I could find out why this was done before I ripped the capacitor out and put the fuse back in. Can anyone out there explain why this was done?
Thanks, all replies are appreciated.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic