the12volt.com spacer
icon

2018 Nissan Versa Factory Radio Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeremyrogers67 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2019 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jeremyrogers67
I need some information on what each of the colors are in the factory wiring harnesses that hook to the 2018 Nissan Versa Factory Radio. Thank you!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,663
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 04, 2019 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
What are you trying to do?
jeremyrogers67 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2019 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jeremyrogers67
I am trying to wire a male adapter that I used to wire a 9 conductor cable to pull the speaker outputs from the factory head unit that I will be sending to an amp to be to sent out to 4 aftermarket speakers that I'll replacing the factory speakers with. I just have some extra wires such as the 12-volt constant, 12-volt accessory, ground, and steering wheel control wires that I need to wire into the factory wiring. I needed the colors of those factory wires labeled so I can splice them to the correct ones unless I'm going about this the wrong way. Could you help me out?
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 04, 2019 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Leaving the factory radio in? Or installing an aftermarket deck?
jeremyrogers67 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2019 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jeremyrogers67
Yes I will be leaving the factory radio in. The amp I have can accept high level inputs and I was told that speaker wire has less of a vulnerability to interference than RCAs do. So that's why I'm running 9-conductor cable rather than having them sent to a LOC and running RCAs.
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 04, 2019 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
If you are changing the radio.
http://metraonline.com/part/70-7552
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 04, 2019 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Radio 12V      yellow      +      radio, white 20 pin plug, pin 19           
Radio Ground      (chassis, base audio); black/white (except base audio)      -      radio, white 20 pin plug, pin 20           
Radio Ignition      blue      +      radio, white 20 pin plug, pin 7           
Radio Illumination      lt. green (parking light); black (dimmer, without navigation)      +,-      radio, white 20 pin plug, pins 9, 8           
Power Antenna      black      +      radio, gray 3 pin plug, pin 1           
Left Front Speaker (+/-)      gray - pink      +,-      radio, white 20 pin plug, pins 2 - 3           
Right Front Speaker (+/-)      beige - violet      +,-      radio, white 20 pin plug, pins 11 - 12           
Left Rear Speaker (+/-)      white - red      +,-      radio, white 20 pin plug, pins 4 - 5           
Right Rear Speaker (+/-)      blue - yellow      +,-      radio, white 20 pin plug, pins 13 - 14           
Aux. Audio Input Left (+/-)      yellow - green      +,-      radio, white 32 pin plug, pins 31 - 15 or white 24 pin plug, pins 10 - 11           
Aux. Audio Input Right (+/-)      blue - green      +,-      radio, white 32 pin plug, pins 16 - 15 or white 24 pin plug, pins 12 - 11           
RSE Video (+/-)      green - (shield) (rear view camera video)      +,-      radio, white 24 pin plug, pins 16 - 15           
Satellite Radio 12 Volts      (built into radio on premium audio)           
jeremyrogers67 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2019 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jeremyrogers67
Thank you!
jeremyrogers67 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2019 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jeremyrogers67
What about the steering wheel control wiring?
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 04, 2019 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Whatever steering wheel control module you use will be able to provide you with that information.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic