the12volt.com spacer
icon

1999 Nissan Skyline GTR R34, Installing Viper with Door Lock Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
etang789 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2019 at 3:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote etang789
I’m working on a 1999 Nissan Skyline GTR R34 , trying to install Viper 5706v but cannot figure out the door lock problem!
There have been a few different alarm by other installers before. I have removed all the old alarms scattered around different parts of the car.
Now this new Viper 5706v Door Lock Output wires are tapped / solder onto the Nissan OEM keyless module circuit board. Directly solder the output wire seems quite common solution for other Skylines as well, I checked the schematic seems alright.
The Viper would unlock the door for a few times then it would stop working. I have tried to swap different alarm brain same thing happens. I’m guessing there’s a short somewhere and the OEM keyless relay gets stuck and fried the alarm brain?
My last resort is to install the actuators in the driver side door and I don’t really want that...any pointers?
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2019 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
I’ve never seen one of those vehicles but I think it may work just like my 2000 Elantra which is a “slave system.” The drivers door has no actuator. It’s a mechanical locking mechanism. Attached to that is an electronic switch that operates the other doors which “do” have an actuator built in. So the Viper should be wired to a pair of relays or a 451m unit and then to an aftermarket actuator that interfaces with the drivers side mechanical locking mechanism. I tried doing what you are attempting also on my car originally, until I learned of the limitation of the drivers door not having an actuator built in. I could be wrong but I think adding the actuator is your only option.
Here is a video showing how some guy on YouTube mounted his which looks like a good mounting position for reliability.
https://youtu.be/Ru7Q4fTUnzg
Steve G
etang789 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2019 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote etang789
But the OEM has a keyless module that works on both doors that’s why it’s so strange.
I understand what you mean
Subaru GC8 have this “slave system”

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic