the12volt.com spacer
icon

2001 Porsche Boxster, 556UW Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
clueless1111 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2019 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote clueless1111
I have a Porsche 2001 986. Compustar remote starter is installed and works perfectly, but ONLY when the key is in the ignition in ACC position.
As an aside, I have only one rfid so instead of being in the key I have permanently attached it to ignition column. In this way I was able to copy the key blade and maintain a spare key.
I would like to wire so that the Porsche transponder antenna is hot on ACC and crank ... and imagine this can be done with a relay. Alternatively I could use a 556UW and lose the ability to start with the remote starter (since I would lose the rfid to the bypass).
My question is how is the bypass wired in a Porsche? I have read horror stories on here, indicating that in a BMW the 556 euro install does NOT work and can in fact wreck the synchronization between the CLU and the transponder. I have also read the the examples in the that say Does NOT work in euro cars actually the CORRECT way to install. Can somebody who has installed a bypass in a Porsche tell me how this was done? Is the antenna wire around the key cylinder cut or not?
In the event I used a simple relay to activate the transponder antenna, any advice would be appreciated. Could the cylinder ring antenna wire just be cut and attached to the relay? Thanks.
clueless1111 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2019 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote clueless1111
A little frustrated by the radio silence here.
1) Has anybody ever powered the transponder wire directly by relay from ACC? Anything to be concerned about?
2) Does it matter which wire from transponder ring to factory is cut? My options are the white vs the white/red factory wire.
3) Finally, DEI published a technical note for 556u in VAG and some others. It is located here:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/downloads.asp?srch=all&term=1056
My problem is THERE IS NO WHITE WIRE on 556u. What is the “white” wire referenced in this diagram???? There are only three wires (black, black/red, black/white) and the black/white goes to the factory decoder so it cannot be referencing that wire. So can anybody explain what that DEI diagram actually means (in regards to the “white” wire it references).

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic