the12volt.com spacer
icon

2019 Nissan Sentra, No Nav, Steering Wheel Controls

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nikon7734 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2019 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nikon7734
Hey everyone, has anyone out there had the headache of dealing with with the 2019 Sentra. Had a customer come in and her touchscreen is completely shattered. Replaced her radio no problem and upgraded all the sound, piece of cake. The issue is has anyone dealt with the crap 40 pin plug for the steering wheel controls and backup camera. All Sentra harnesses are 32 pin up until now and the steering wheel controls was always with the regular radio harness.
Anyone have any thoughts on this. Thanks.
Nikon7734
Knowledge impacts the life of those around you. How many lives will you impact today?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 10, 2019 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
1-800-253-8324 is Metra's tech support number. They do not have the 19 sentra listed in their online instructions. They may have info that has not yet been published.
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 11, 2019 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
looks like youd have to due a mastro sw and a custom firmware.
ground= pink pin 15 @ factory harness
source,seek up/down, telephone on hook= green pin 6 @ factory harness
volume up/down, telephone end=red pin 16 @ factory harness
looks like they may already have a firmware for it-
https://maestro.idatalink.com/product/product/product_id/101
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
skydeaner 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2020 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote skydeaner
I have a 2019 sentra with this 40 pin I still can't figure out the swc or backup cam. I did determine the reverse signal, the 6v power for the cam (and have buck converter installed) but I am having trouble finding signal and shield for the cam without a cctv monitor or anything. I have an aswc-1 and a swicp2 at my disposal but if I need to use a maestro that's fine.
I have plenty of money to get stuff I would just rather do it myself than take it somewhere. can you please let me know what solution you landed on and how you wired it up.
thanks
skydeaner 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2020 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote skydeaner
can someone tell me which is which out of the 4 wires that go to the camera at least?
I have a red, white and a thin black and thicker black that I traced back to the camera plug in the trunk.
I need to know where to attach the 6v from the buck converter, center post for the composite, outer ring of the composite and then... what's the last one? ground?
skydeaner 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2020 at 3:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote skydeaner
ok got it fingered out tonight.
turns out the wires at the dash don't match the color of the wires at the cameras harness in the trunk even though there was a group of 4 wires the same colors as the one at the camera harness in that 40 pin connector (donut holes lol)
middle of the 40pin:
purple-- composite+
black--ground
teal--6v+
blue--composite-
I am not so great at counting pins, I never know which order to go in or which way to hold the connector while I count. so you people that need this info in the future can just judge by what this colorblind guy thinks the colors are.
actually next day off I will post marked pictures if I can figure out how on here.
I also now have some ground noise, which I didn't have before, maybe it will go away when I finally solder everything instead of just having it twisted/wrapped for testing.. fml if it doesn't.
Could that black wire have been shielding for the composite connection and not ground and would that introduce noise?
skydeaner 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2020 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote skydeaner
got the swc done tonight.
I can't even begin to tell you how INCREDIBLY helpful and responsive axxess support was through email.
aswc-1 is in and working, waiting on an Email back about the phone button still but Jesus they are loving wizards up there.   I sent details about my car, sent pictures of the 40pin and the 20pin and they replied back and answered all my questions the very next day.
I'm going to be honest I kinda thought I would never get a response when I first sent the email but I was so pleasantly surprised. I haven't seen a company that has such great customer service since... well since the internet became a thing lol..
I'm going to update this thread once I get my phone button working (Bluetooth bypass or whatever it is called).. . actually since the current thread for the 2019 sentra is all wrong information I'm going to start a new thread with all of the correct info.
if anyone else needs the info asap you can pm me, I'll have the thread made sometime on my day off though, Thursday or Friday.
skydeaner 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2020 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote skydeaner
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=145877&get=last
All my info about this is in there.
hopefully no one ever has to struggle with this again!
if I could just find the vss wire now...

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic