icon

98 Grand Cherokee Limited Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spy88 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2003 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  

Could someone please provide me with the wiring diagram for both the factory alarm system and window controls for this vehicle? I am going to be installing a 530T window module, and need to know the wire colors so that I can make the proper connections.  Thanks

trusdamanr 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2003 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
LF up/down-----lt blue/white          driver door
RF up/down---- BROWN / purple           passenger door
LR up/down---- dk GREEN / WHITE gry/black     dr kick
RR up/down---- gry/black    dk GREEN / WHITE pass kick
Notes:
When using a 530T it is required to go into each rear door and use brown for up and purple for down.
Factory Disarm-purple / YELLOW in driver kick
Notes:Also located in the same 14 pin black connector as the separate door trigger wires. See above notes for exact location.
Can also use DEI part number 455t door lock interface control module. This will control door lock, unlock, arm, disarm, dome light supervision and more.

spy88 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2003 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks.... that will help a lot for the install of the 530T window module, but I need more info about the alarm wiring. 

I don't think I was nearly clear enough the first time around so I'll give this another shot.  The reason I need the wiring diagram for the factory alarm is that I have a DEI 450T channel expander that I want to interface with the factory alarm.  I will use the 450T to control the up/down function and "vent" function of the 530T window module with my factory keyless remote.  For example... press and release unlock and then press and hold will roll down the two front windows which will be connected to the 530T.  I also want the windows to roll up when the factory alarm is armed (which wire would I need to connect the 530T to on the factory alarm in order to make this happen?)  So which wire(s) would I need to connect the channel expander to?

If I understand you correctly, in order to control the front windows, all I need to do is connect the 530T to the blue/white (LF) and BROWN / purple (RF) located inside the LF and RF doors respectively?

Thanks

trusdamanr 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2003 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
the windows colors are lt. blue and white, up and down, not just lt blue/white, theres 2 wires there same as the pas window.. as far as intergrateing into the factory alarm most of the funtions are data wires, so i dont really know if you can accomplish what you want to do...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic