the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5 GLS, 2 Wheel Drive, Remote Start Suggestions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dtnel78 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2019 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dtnel78
Looking for a remote start system to install in by daughters 04 Hyundai Santa Fe. It doesn't have any special key as I've had plain keys made at Ace Hardware and they don't have chips in them.
I was told by the previous owner the car had a keyless entry clicker but they'd lost it. We just use they key all the time. Maybe a Remote Keyless Entry combined with the remote start would be the way to go?
I have access to factory wiring but it wouldn't show specifically if that car came with keyless entry unless all models did.
I use Shopkey Pro which is a repair information website owned by parent company Snap-On Tools. I use it for repair information as I do Automotive Repair.
I'm not looking for something fancy for a system but simple would be better.
The car has electric windows, locks. It's a Automatic and is a Front Wheel Drive vehicle. It has the 3.5 Liter Engine in it.
If there's a way to check if the car has remote keyless entry that would be great as I could get a remote for entering the vehicle as the drivers door lock rocker switch on the door hangs when using the lock button when exiting the vehicle so my daughter and I always use the key to lock it.
I do have the most recent Fortin Programmer that you plug into your pc for programming a fortin remote start assembly as I bought it when I bought my remote start kit for my 04 Chevy Tahoe.
Any and all help is appreciated and Thanks for taking the time to read the post.
Any help is better than no help.
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 18, 2019 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
i would just do the compustar cs4900-s. remote start and keyless entry with 2 way remote. The cs4900-kit come with a bypass module which you dont need
https://www.amazon.com/Compustar-CS4900-S-Remote-Keyless-3000-ft/dp/B077MZC8RJ/ref=sr_1_23?crid=3NS87TYOQDFR9&keywords=viper+remote+start&qid=1571419129&sprefix=viper+remote%2Caps%2C299&sr=8-23
viper/avital would be
https://www.amazon.com/Avital-4105L-Avistart-4-Button-Controls/dp/B01BHQ1YQE/ref=sr_1_35?crid=3NS87TYOQDFR9&keywords=viper+remote+start&qid=1571419319&sprefix=viper+remote%2Caps%2C299&sr=8-35
not really a fan of viper/avital but will work fine
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
dtnel78 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2019 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dtnel78
Thanks for the previous information as that is helpful and saves racking my brain for compatibility.
I was looking at the wiring diagrams section of this forum for this vehicle. I can't find the specific year, make and model being a U.S. vehicle.
Is there a prior or later year model that would have the same wiring diagram as my model year?
Also this vehicle has a electronic hvac control panel that when you shut the vehicle off and restart later the blower speed would be lower. For example if I left it on defrost, hi heat and the highest fan speed when I start the car again it has all the same options except the fan speed will be back at the lowest setting. I've checked this a couple times just to be sure.
The vehicle also has rear window defrost.
With those two items above and lights is this a option to enable these even if you have to wire it in or solder tap into a wire to activate it?
It would be nice in the winter to have the fan go to high speed, enable the rear window defrost and also have the park lights come on.
I know bypass modules and things of that nature make it possible for CAN Network vehicles but don't know about pre CAN vehicles.
If you could give me some insight into these things and if I'd need certain electronic components or wiring done that would be great.
I do have a local shop that the guy is a one man show and once he gave me a printed wiring diagram for something else related to a vehicle I had for the car stereo which he does that work so maybe if programming is something that needs to be done with a software update or something I could maybe talk with him and see if he'd help me out on the update if he has access for whatever system I go with.
I'd definitely check with him before hand and see what he says so I know ahead of time that way if it's needed otherwise I'd find a online seller that does the programming if needed at all.
Thanks, Dale
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 22, 2019 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
HYUNDAI SANTA FE
MODEL      YEARS
SANTA FE      2002-2006
KEY      T-HARNESS      IMMOBILIZER
N/A      N/A      HYUNDAI'S TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM (Some Vehicles) if equipped, Requires 791 and extra Ignition Key, See NOTE #2
PART      COLOR      LOCATION      DIAGRAM
12 VOLT CONSTANT      RED (+) and ORANGE (+)      @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS      
STARTER      BLUE (+)      @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS      
STARTER 2      N/A           
IGNITION 1      BLUE (+)      @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS      
IGNITION 2      PINK (+)      @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS      
IGNITION 3      N/A           
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1      GREEN (+)      @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS      
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 2      N/A           
KEYSENSE      BROWN (+)      @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS      
PARKING LIGHTS ( - )      WHITE (-)      @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH      
PARKING LIGHTS ( + )      GREEN/ORANGE (+)      FUSE BOX 15 PIN PLUG      
POWER LOCK      YELLOW (TYPE B)      IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, 22-PIN WHITE PLUG      
POWER UNLOCK      WHITE/BLACK to WHITE (TYPE B)      IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, 22-PIN WHITE PLUG      
LOCK MOTOR WIRE      GRAY to ORANGE (5-WIRE TYPE)      IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, 22-PIN WHITE PLUG      
DOOR TRIGGER      YELLOW (-)      @ FUSE BOX, 8-PIN PLUG      
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION      USE DOOR TRIGGER, Requires Part #775 Relay           
TRUNK RELEASE      N/A           
SLIDING POWER DOOR      N/A           
HORN      BROWN (-)      @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS      
TACH      WHITE/BLACK or BLUE (AC)      @ ECM, See NOTE #1      
WAIT TO START LIGHT      N/A           
BRAKE      GREEN/BLACK (+)      @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL      
FACTORY ALARM DISARM      DISARMS with Remote Starting           
ANTI-THEFT      TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM (Some Vehicles), (Canadian Models ONLY), REQUIRES 791 BYPASS MODULE AND EXTRA IGNITION KEY, Canadian Models ONLY!!      TRANSPONDER @ IGNITION SWITCH TUMBLER      
NOTES
NOTE #1 ECM (ENGINE CONTROL MODULE) IS UNDER THE CENTER CONSOLE TO THE RIGHT OF THE GASPEDAL. ON THE 2.4 L IS IN THE 26 PIN PLUG . THE 2.7 L IT IS IN THE 40 PIN PLUG
NOTE #2: This vehicle May Be Equipped with HYUNDAI'S TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, check the OWNERS MANUAL for this vehcile or contact your HYUNDAI Dealer to see if the vehicle has a Special programmed Ignition Key, if it does, then for REMOTE STARTING you will need the 791 BYPASS Module and an Extra Ignition key.
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
dtnel78 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2019 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dtnel78
Thanks Wirewise! I should've came back and posted as I found that over at Bulldog where someone had sent a PM to look. Even printed it.
In regards to the fan speed I figured out that you have to wait and it'll go back up to high speed by adjusting the speed every few seconds.
The only thing I need to figure out now is how to turn the rear window defrost on so it'll defrost the rear window when it's frosty or snowing.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic