the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Toyota Echo, Avital Remote Start 4105L, Ignition 2 Relay or Not

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,788
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2019 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Use a Digital Multi Meter set to +20 V DC.
Connect the Red test lead to +12V constant.
Connect the Black test lead to the suspect wire.
Press the passenger power door lock or unlock button
for the Lock or Unlock wire you are locating.
If you are on the correct wire, the DMM will read +12V.
The locks wires can also be found in the Drivers Kick Panel in a 14 Pin plug,
same colors. You might want to test the Unlock wire to see if it gives you
progressive unlock or if it unlocks all doors with one pulse. The 4105 can
be programmed for a double unlock pulse output.
Soldering is fun!
amprex6182 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2019 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote amprex6182
When doing my research it mentioned passenger kickpanel I went there and back probed the connector to find my 2 (-) wires.
It was a bit weird fishing my 2 wires from my module from the drive side to the passenger side side but it made it with a good 4-5 inches to spare. I wish I knew about the wires available on the drive side.
The echo's unlock/lock function on the passage side activated when a ground is fed and this unit fed ground so everything worked perfectly after install.
I took pictures of all the harness(except the ignition harness I somehow missed) so I after I uploaded them on the computer I will add to the pictorial section, just in case any one in the future is also trying this.
All I need now is a fresh set of actuators and finally have a less embarrassing winter beater 😂
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic