the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab V6 Remote Starter Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tundy04 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2019 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tundy04
found parking wire and got that. best way to run the tach wire through the firewall?
Figuring it out, one project at a time
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2019 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Find the existing grommet that has the Hood Release cable. Use a coat hanger
to push a new hole through the grommet in a safe area. Apply some WD-40 on the
hanger near the grommet and use electric tape to attach the Tach wire to the end
of the coat hanger.   Gently pull the hanger / wire through the new hole.
Soldering is fun!
tundy04 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2019 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tundy04
Thanks. Any downside to a 1-Way remote? Would anything change with the settings or wiring if I wanted 2way remotes?
Thanks for all the help. Wired and ready for remote programming. Fingers crossed.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2019 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
No downside with 1-way remotes. They are less expensive and the batteries last longer
that 2-way remotes.
The Compustar CM7200-s R/S controller is very remote upgrade friendly. There are two
antenna ports on the brain, a pin 4 and a 6 pin. ( Never try to use both at once.)
Just about any remote kit will work. Check the remote kit box to be sure it will
support the CM7200-s. These kits come with an antenna, the antenna harness and
two remotes. Depending on the kit, one remote might be 2-way and the other will
be 1-way. Range should be the same on both remotes. No changes to your wiring,
just unplug the old antenna / harness and plug in the new one. Programming is
very easy with your vehicle. Remote programming can be challenging on a PTS vehicle
because you have to cycle the Ignition wire ON to OFF 5 times with a 10 second
period. Instructions below :
Remote Programming:
You must code remotes to this system before anything will function. Begin by cycling the ignition ON and
OFF five times within 10 seconds and press and release button 1 (half second) on the first remote, and then
press and release button 1 (half second) on the second remote.
Soldering is fun!
tundy04 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2019 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tundy04
remotes came. I programmed them. I hear the brain clicking and responding when i use the remotes, but I don't get a start. I hooked up minimal wires. I wired everything in the high current harness except the parking lights. I pulled the parking lights from the CM5 harness, as well as the tach wire. Am I missing something? Is the brake pedal wire necessary?   Anything else that would hold me back?
Again, the remotes cause the brain to respond, so i believe they are programmed. Is there anything to do to initialize the brain?
tundy04 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2019 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tundy04
I notice the brain outputs 12 volts to the GREEN/WHITE high current wire in the harness when I lock (1x), unlock (2x), and start (3x after start with the remote. I'm guessing that is the green white wire I needed?
Also, that would not keep the engine from starting, correct?
kreg357 
Posted: December 02, 2019 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The thick Green/White is a (+) Parking Light output. The blinks are normal responses to the remotes commands. It does not need to be attached.
Can't remember what 3 blinks to a R/S command is. You could look it up. Did you learn the Tach signal?
The Brake wire must be connected to the vehicle.
Soldering is fun!
tundy04 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2019 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tundy04
brake wire... got it. Tach learning - no. I'll connect the brake wire and then do the tach learning. Thanks.
Sid
tundy04 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2019 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tundy04
OK. Starter works. It was the tach learning. now trying to figure out the parking lights... I still don't get parking lights when the starter starts. I used the GREEN/WHITE out from the CH5 not from the CH1 harness. Any help with the parking lights?
Sid
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 02, 2019 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
What wire are you connected to in the vehicle? The green/white in the CH5 harness is negative output.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic