the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 4105V, Door Chime Bypass, 1997 Chevrolet K1500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mckee1710 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2019 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mckee1710
First off, I just recently installed a Viper 4105V system in my 1997 Chevy K1500 pickup, and my success and ease of install was entirely due to the excellent resources and contributions to this forum, so thanks to all!
I'm trying to determine how to "bypass" the door/headlight chime on the truck when the Viper unit flashes the parking lights with the ign off. Currently I have the chime module uninstalled, but I like having the reminder if I leave my headlights on. The chime is obviously disabled when the ignition is on. Depending on the polarity of the circuit between the ignition and the door chime, could I tap into the Viper's parking lamp output to simulate the "ignition on" signal to the door chime, thus disabling the chime when the Viper unit flashes the lights with the ignition off? Or is there another/more efficient way to achieve this? Thanks in advance.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2019 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
Did you wire up the 2nd ignition wire during remote start? It is imperative to prevent transmission damage. Are you saying it only dings while remote started?
Steve G
mckee1710 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2019 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mckee1710
Yes the 2nd ignition wire is connected. It dings when I lock/unlock with the remote when the ign is off. It also dings when the parking lights flash just before the truck starts on remote start. Minor detail, but I find it annoying.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2019 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
Leave the panel dimmer wheel in MINIMUM position. The lights-on dinger won't chime.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2019 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
I can think of 3 remedies to silence the lights-on chime with the Viper light flash. The lights-on input to the chime module is the gray wire.
One solution will leave the chime on regardless of the dimmer switch position. If the park lights are on, the chime sounds. This is the easiest solution:
A: Some Vipers have an output wire from 87a of the on-board light flash relay. If yours has this wire, connect it to the gray wire input to the chime. Sever the gray wire to the truck.
B: Add one relay:
85 = Ground
86&87 = Viper light flash output. White wire, must be (+) polarity.
30 = To truck tail lights.
87a = To chime module gray wire input, sever the gray wire to the truck.
In both of the above, the chime is connected to the light circuit through the 87a NC contacts of the light-flash relay. (Either the internal or external). When Viper flashes lights, the 87a connection opens = no chime.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Solution 2:
This leaves the chime module connected to the panel lights circuit, so the dimmer wheel can still silence the chime with lights on.
You need two relays. Viper must be (+) trigger output:
Relay 1:
85 = Ground
86 & 87 = Viper light flash output white wire.
30 = Truck tail light circuit.
87a = N.C.
Relay 2:
85 = Ground
86 = Viper light flash output white wire.
30 & 87a = Cut the gray wire input to the chime module. One side of the gray wire to each terminal.
87 = N.C.
When the Viper output is ON, both relays activate. #1 flashes the lights, #2 opens the input to the chime. The power for the light flash still comes from the on-board Viper relay.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic