the12volt.com spacer
icon

Flashlogic FLCART Programming, 2016 Volkswagen Jetta

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bill7774 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2020 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
Still having no luck. The only thing I know I did different was I used a 6 amp diode (6A10) instead of 1 amp.
Would the diode make a difference? (it is facing the correct way).
The APS977 keyfob will lock/unlock the car.
bill7774 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2020 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
On the flashlogic diagram it shows on the remote starter, connect starter (+) Input, to Brake (+) on pin 43 on the bsm. Is this the yellow Starter (+) Output from the remote start they are referring to?
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2020 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
Bill7774-
1.) As far as the diode, the 1 Amp diode should be fine. No issues with using a 6 Amp diode, it is just much bigger than what is needed. The important thing is that it must be installed in the correct polarity, and you indicate it is.
2.) Yes, the remote start + starter wire is what is used to wire to the + Brake.
3.) Review of the setup:
So you are using FLCART, flashed with FLCART(DL)-VW5-EN firmware.
You are using ADS-TBSL-VW1 flashed with ADS-VW(TB)-VW1 firmware.
FLCART is plugged into the APS997Z port, and the APS 997Z Protocol is set to ADS, with the ADS-TBSL-VW1 using the D2D cable plugged into the APS997Z.
You have wired according to TYPE 1+ from the FLCART(DL)-VW5-EN guide, including adding all of the remote starter connections (12V, Ground, STARTER, IGNITION, ACCESSORY, etc).
For install types with the ADS-TBSL-VW1:
NOTE: You leave the 2 pin immobilizer plug disconnected for programming step 1:
1- Program the FLCART BLADE module (as shown in the FLCART(DL)-VW5-EN Guide for TYPE 1 to 6)
NOTE: You re-connect the 2 pin immobilizer plug for programming step 2:
2- Program the ADS-TBSL-VW1 module
(as shown in the ADS-TBSL-VW1 install guide for PTS)
Please confirm. With all the above done, the modules should program.
Cheers.
Lectric Guy
bill7774 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2020 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
lectricguy wrote:
Bill7774-
You have wired according to TYPE 1+ from the FLCART(DL)-VW5-EN guide, including adding all of the remote starter connections (12V, Ground, STARTER, IGNITION, ACCESSORY, etc).
For install types with the ADS-TBSL-VW1:
Cheers.
About the remote starter standard connections. I have constant power and ground hooked up. The starter wire is only hooked to pin 43 on the BCM. The ignition wire is only hooked to the ADS-TBSL-VW1 and pin 1 on the obd II connector.
The accessory wire is not hooked up.
Is this correct?
Everything else looks correct as you have said.
Thanks
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2020 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
No. The note from the FLCART(DL)-VW5-EN install guide (Type 1+, which uses the ADS-TBSL-VW1) is as follows:
NOTE:
STANDARD 12 VOLT, GROUND, STARTER AND IGNITION SWITCH
CONNECTIONS STILL REQUIRED FROM THE REMOTE STARTER.
Cheers!
Lectric Guy
bill7774 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2020 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
Yeah I am kicking myself. Do you have a wiring diagram? I can't find one anywhere.
bill7774 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2020 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
Does anyone know how to wire the starter and ignition wire? Flashlogic FLCART Programming, 2016 Volkswagen Jetta - Page 2 -- posted image.
Checking at the 16 pin connector at the Steering column lock module, silver box
The black/white wire has 11.6v with ignition, drops 2v when cranking then goes to 13.6v when started. I assume this is the ignition wire.
The same plug, not sure if this is the start wire? red/black wire jumps to 6v then back to .18 when I turn the ignition on, while cranking it goes to 9v. then .18 after its started.
The only wiring info I have found on a VW PTS says the module takes care of this so I didn't think I had to wire it?
bill7774 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2020 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
No-one knows the basic wiring on this car? The only thing I cant find is the starter wire. I might try a different remote starter/ module brand if anyone has knowledge on one that has actual wiring info.
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2020 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
Bill7774-
The more I think about it, the more I believe that there may be an error in the FLCART(DL)-VW5-EN install guide (Type 1+, which uses the ADS-TBSL-VW1). Other installs I have done on VW's have used a spare key rather than the ADS-TBSL-VW1.   For a PTS vehicle, it does not make sense to hook up other RS connections.
It makes sense to go back to the basic type 1 connections from the TYPE 1+ FLCART(DL)-VW5-EN in the install guide. Is this where you currently are with the install? If so, it should be a matter of programming.
The programming steps should be:
NOTE: You leave the 2 pin immobilizer plug disconnected for programming step 1:
1- Program the FLCART BLADE module (as shown in the FLCART(DL)-VW5-EN Guide for TYPE 1 to 6)
NOTE: You re-connect the 2 pin immobilizer plug for programming step 2:
2- Program the ADS-TBSL-VW1 module
(as shown in the ADS-TBSL-VW1 install guide for PTS)
Lectric Guy
Lectric Guy
bill7774 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2020 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
Thanks. I will try again tomorrow.
I was looking at the FLCAN diagram, while I was researching, which seems to be the same setup. It shows the starter 2 wire going into the FLCAN and the PTS 1 and 2 going out to the car. It would make sense this is what starts the car.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic