the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Nissan Pathfinder, Second Start Wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Msp541 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2019 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Msp541
Hello all;
I just purchased a 2007Nissan Pathfinder and want to install a remote starter in it, on my directed sheet it states there are (2) starter wires. Starter 1 is: gray and Second Starter is: light green. Can someone please help me out how to wire a relay to power the second starter wire?
Thank you all!
Merry Christmas
Thanks, Bri
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2019 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
What brand and model of remote start are you installing? You do need to power the second starter wire, but depending on the remote start, you may not need another relay.
If you don't power the second accessory wire (Green/Yellow), your radio won't be on during remote start, but will turn on with the key during takeover (I prefer that type of install).
The heavy gauge remote start connections typically have Power(2 wires), Starter, Ignition, Accessory and a second ignition wire. Many times the second ignition wire can be programmed to operate as a starter wire for just this type of application.
You would connect:
RS Power to Vehicle +12V at the ignition
RS Starter to Vehicle Starter 1
RS Ignition to Vehicle Ignition
RS Accessory to Vehicle Accessory 1
RS Second Ignition (Programmed as Starter Function) to Vehicle Starter 2
If you want to use an external relay and hook up Accessory 2 as well, the connection on a Bosch type automotive relay would be:
Pin 86: Ignition (+)
Pin 85: Starter signal (-)
Pin 30: +12V
Pin 87: Starter 2
This assumes your remote start has a negative starter signal output.
If your remote start is not capable of putting out a negative starter signal, use:
Pin 86: Starter output from the remote start (Also goes to Starter 1)(+)
Pin 85: Ground While Running signal (-)
Pin 30: +12V
Pin 87: Starter 2
Always a good idea to add a diode from Pin 86 to Pin 85, band toward the positive signal, Pin 86 in these examples.
Hope this helps.
Lectric Guy
Msp541 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2019 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Msp541
Hello-
Thanks for the reply, i am using a Avital 4105L and that remote starter has a positive output for Starter which will be starter wire #1 and has a negative starter output and that will be going to starter wire #2.
I won't be using the relay for accessory just for second starter wire.
I currently have a brand new Bosch relay.
Thanks for the help
Thanks, Bri
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2019 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
Starter 2 must be a positive signal. Do not use a negative signal on your starter 2 wire. Use one of the configurations I described in my previous reply.
I was describing 2 ways to connect the starter 2 wire.   One does not power accessory 2 during remote start. This will keep the radio off during remote start and does not require a relay.
The second approach uses a relay to power starter 2 and allows you to also make a normal connection to accessory2 allowing the radio to be on during remote start.
The relay is only used for starter2 and nothing to do with accessory.
Lectric Guy
Msp541 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2019 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Msp541
Oops, sorry it is positive my error.
Thanks, Bri
Msp541 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2019 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Msp541
Got it, i appreciate the help.... Thanks again! 2007 Nissan Pathfinder, Second Start Wire -- posted image.
Thanks, Bri

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic