the12volt.com spacer
icon

Clipping Light on Remote Knob Stays On

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gbenn70 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2020 at 5:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gbenn70
Hello all new member here. I just upgraded one of my amps to an Orion HCCA 5000.1v2 and I'm running ample power and all is hooked up as it should be. I basically pulled off my Orion XTR 2500.1dz amp and put this one back in it's place on the same 1ohm load. When I power up the system the amp comes on and sounds great but my clipping light on the remote knob stays lit up all the time but the power light on the remote knob doesn't even come on at all. so basically I have a clipping light that acts like a power light. the knob functions ok, it turns the bass up and down I just have a clipping light that stays on instead of a power light. I've turned the gain on my amp all the way down and defeated all the setting on my head unit to flat and it still stays on. Is it possible the remote knob clipping and power lights were wired in reverse or bad wire. At this point I will just run without the knob because all the lights on the amp indicate everything to be working correctly. This remote knob is different from jack style I'm use to, this one is the phone cord style. any feedback for my issue is greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Gary
Gbenn70
gbenn70 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2020 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gbenn70
N/M i figured it out. the cable RJ45 or whichever it is called the end connectors were crimped on wrong. I used the data link cable and tried it and the power light comes on and everything works as it should, I just got to get a longer cable.
Gbenn70

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic