the12volt.com spacer
icon

DEI 506T Triggering While Arming, 2019 Ford F-150 Raptor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2020 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
xtinctelise wrote:
vehicle that is not driven daily
Your use case is odd. When I'm not driving the vehicle is when I would have the system armed and protecting the vehicle. As for 32mA draw, that's extremely low at just over 3 hundredths (3/100) of an amp.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 18, 2020 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
xtinctelise wrote:
I was looking for a solution that would not require extra key presses when arming the vehicle.
It wouldn't require extra buttons pressed (would happen automatically whenever armed), but since you don't have any remaining aux outputs it won't help either.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
xtinctelise 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2020 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtinctelise
I am now adding a channel expander. Can you expand on how this can be accomplished?
geepherder 
Posted: January 20, 2020 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
I've never used a channel expander, so I can't say for sure. If it doesn't let you link one of your added aux channels to arm, then use aux 1, 2 or 3.
xtinctelise 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2020 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtinctelise
Yes I plan to use AUX 1. Can you please explain how to use this setup to delay the sensor from triggering for 5 seconds while arming the system? Thanks
geepherder 
Posted: January 21, 2020 at 5:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
This is easiest to do with a bitwriter (or XKLoader3) since that's the only way to adjust the length of the timed outputs. You can order either the bitwriter or XKLoader3 and do it yourself, or have a local dealer (Best Buy, etc.) do it.
Without a bitwriter, menu 2, options 9 and 10. Select link to arm, and timed output. This will make aux1 output active 30 seconds after arming. Use the output to trigger a relay which breaks the sensor output you want. You could use a DPDT relay (two sets of contacts) to break two triggers if needed.
xtinctelise 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2020 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xtinctelise
Thank you, I completely forgot this was an AUX option.
veiloctane 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2023 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote veiloctane
i have the same sensors and almost the same setup did the relay on aux1 work for you?
im haveing the same isue with the glass break sensor
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic