the12volt.com spacer
icon

2009 Acura MDX, Remote Start, Activation Input

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
naedjo 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2020 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote naedjo
Long story short:
I am trying to get an Avital 4300L remote start (utilizes factory FOB) and PKALL installed in my wife's 2009 Acura MDX.
The PKALL is working flawlessly, its the 4300L that I am struggling with.
I am using the activation input from the door lock switch (pink wire, +). However, even though is the door lock switch, it does not "see" the FOB being pressed (Sorry, I have been out of the install game for 15+ years so used to older tech). I can sit in the car and press the lock button on the door 3 times and the remote start activates. It deactivates with a hood pop or brake press, so everything is wired correctly.
Does anyone know where to find either a positive or negative door lock wire From the FOB, not the door .... Does this even exist?? Im assuming (I am sure I am using improper terminology here) there must be an antenna for the factory fob which has a wire harness to the BCM or other control manual??
I will try to post this on an acura site as well, as I will need access to factory wiring diagrams.
Thanks!
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2020 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
Are you sure the factory fob works with vehicle running? There may be an ignition input to the keyless reciever that can be interrupted.
naedjo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2020 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote naedjo
I was trying to remote start with the car already off. I made sure to verify the activation wire (hooked up to the power lock button I'm the door) is in fact inactive while using the FOBl
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2020 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You could try this wire, it's the driver door lock wire (+) :
Lock Motor   BROWN (5 WIRE)   DASH FUSE BOX GREEN 12 PIN CONN, PIN 12
I'd test it first with a DMM just to be sure it's (+) and goes with a FOB lock command.
Soldering is fun!
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2020 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
factory fobs dont work when it's remote started.. you can isolate the ignition on the immo plug, and have keyless remain active.
naedjo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2020 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote naedjo
silvercivicsir wrote:
factory fobs dont work when it's remote started.. you can isolate the ignition on the immo plug, and have keyless remain active.
Is there anyway you can walk me through that? It seems like I have a door lock trigger wire I can use (if the information above is correct, I have not verified it on the car)... I do know that you are correct, tested it last night, the fob does not work while the car is running.
I have the PKall wired via Connection #8 here: http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=7507&productid=196&firmwareid=1636
and D2D to the alarm. Just wondering how to "isolate the ignition on the immo plug"
Thanks guys, you've been very helpful thus far
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2020 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
You can use a relay to break the connection on Pin 2 on the immo plug. (yellow wire), and use the GWR on the viper to trigger the relay.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic