the12volt.com spacer
icon

LC7i Installed and Now Chimes Muted

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jh1973 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2020 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jh1973
2019 Silverado Non-Bose hooked all 4 speaker outputs to the LC7i. Audio plays and sounds great but chimes,bluetooth and other factory beeps are gone.I contacted Audiocontrol and they suggested a load circuit product of theirs which I went ahead and installed.....useless. Anybody have any ideas what can be causing this? I already checked the settings in the head unit,all good.
Rumors of Bob but never Bob......So what is it you tell people you do these days Bob?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 29, 2020 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
If you fade the sound to the front, do you have any audio?
jh1973 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2020 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jh1973
Only subs playing when faded all to front, when faded all to rear, only mids and highs play.
Rumors of Bob but never Bob......So what is it you tell people you do these days Bob?
i am an idiot 
Posted: January 29, 2020 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Chimes only come out of front channels of OEM radio. Did you catch only rear speaker wires for input into the LC?
jh1973 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2020 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jh1973
Used front channels for main inputs and rear channels for rear inputs on LC7i.So the LOC is getting all 4 signals.
i am an idiot 
Posted: January 30, 2020 at 5:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Are the front speakers playing? If so, is there a switch on the LC that selects only rear onput? Be advised that if you do get the chimes to play, they will be loud. When we do those vehicles we catch only the rear inputs, leave the dash speakers connected to the deck for bt, chimes and on star. Connect the door speakers to the front channels of your amplifier. If you do not like the way the dash speakers sound, simply fade radii to rear, and the dash will only play bt, chimes and onstar.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic