the12volt.com spacer
icon

MTD Ride-On Mower, Ignition Rewire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
girlzonrideons 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2020 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote girlzonrideons
Hello,

I have a MTD mower with the model number of 13CD768N670, The deck is 40", and is a rear shute. The motor is Briggs & Stratton.

My issue is turning the mower from a key start to a push button start. I have been searching the internet for a wiring diagram, but so far unsuccessful. On occasion I come across a diagram that looks really similar but as soon as I go to my mower and hook it up the way it says, nothing happens. I have done bench testing of the solenoid, and switches and all seem to be working fine. I have also tested for continuity on the diode and any wires that need it, all tests come up as working. I have also checked the wires for any damage or wear and they come up fine, I have also contact cleaned all the plugs on the safety switches to gain proper contact. The battery has enough charge in it to start it. I also have an image of the wiring diagram that I have drawn up of how it is is connected.
Can anyone shed some light on my issue??
Trix
girlzonrideons 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2020 at 3:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote girlzonrideons
Here is the diagram of how I think it should be wired.
http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/o81vgm3o41q5ztj62b2v7441jlz6h3k6
Sorry for the delay.
MTD Ride-On Mower, Ignition Rewire -- posted image.
Trix
girlzonrideons 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2020 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote girlzonrideons
Hi all I am new at this I didnt mean to reply to myself is there anyone out there that can confirm my wiring configuration Please and thank you.
Trix
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2020 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
I looked at your diagram but decided not to dig in because I can't think of any compelling reason to convert from key start to push start on a mower.
girlzonrideons 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2020 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote girlzonrideons
All good, just had some switches laying around and thought i would put them to good use. Please note I am not disabling safety switches at all. I would not do it if I could not wire in safety switches.
Trix

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic