the12volt.com spacer
icon

Adding Auto Lock and Unlock to Factory Alarm, 2008 Honda Civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
marfo 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2020 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote marfo
I have a Honda Civic mk8 2008 with the standard push start, factory fitted alarm and central locking system.Apparently, some models have this feature and some dont, and mine doesn't.Can I add a door lock and unlock feature so when I start the engine, the doors lock and when I stop the engine, the doors unlock ?
I did look at the articles on here and there was one showing how to do this on cars without an alarm but not with an alarm already fitted.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 10, 2020 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Diagrams 15 and 16 on this page
You can do this with an existing alarm. It says without, because if you had an aftermarket alarm you would be able to program this feature into the alarm.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 10, 2020 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Power Lock      green or blue      -      driver kick, door harness, white 18 pin plug, pin 16      Directwire      
Power Unlock      gray      -      driver kick, door harness, white 18 pin plug, pin 12      
marfo 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2020 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote marfo
Ah, OK. I'm surprised I need 4 relays to do it though.What size relays would I need and am I right in saying that two of the relays show a built in diode?
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2020 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
iskidoo 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2020 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
Hook up the following wires from the 452T.
Red to constant +12 volts. (White)
Black to chassis ground.
Violet to ignition wire. (Blue)
Blue and Green to the lock/unlock wires
listed in previous post by “I am an idiot”
Steve G
iskidoo 
Posted: February 14, 2020 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
See them available for $7-$8 on eBay also.
Steve G
marfo 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2020 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote marfo
Thanks for the help folks.That 452T is just the thing I need.I am in the UK and I cant find anyone selling them over here but I will ask some of my local Clifford alarm installers if they can get one for me.
Cheers.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic