the12volt.com spacer
icon

Dual 12V Trigger to Cancel Output?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmaybes 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2020 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jmaybes
Hi guys, I hope this is the correct place for this question, I can not seem to find an answer for this, if even possible.
I am looking for a way, without arduino, to have a positive, dual trigger response equal 0 volts. Diodes, resistors, anything can be used except arduino.
Let me explain in more detail. Let's say we have 2 different relays, each relay when triggered gives a separate 12 volt output to a separate component.
Relay A when triggered lights LED 1
Relay B when triggered lights LED 2
Is there anyway that when both relays are triggered together or at same time, the 12 volt output can be cancelled?
Hope it makes sense and I appreciate any help. I am working on a custom PRNDL module.
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2020 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
So are both outputs to be cancelled when 2 inputs are active?
What resets normal operation?
A simple way to disable the 12V feed is to add a 3rd relay using its NC contact to interrupt the +12V feed when its coil is energized.
Use the 2nd set of NO contacts on relay A & B. Wire relay A NO contacts to +12V and one side of relay 3 coil.
Wire the NO contacts from relay B to ground and the other side of relay 3 coil.
Relay 3 will be activated when both relay A & B are energized and its NC contacts will open and disable the +12V feeding your 2 loads.
jmaybes 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2020 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jmaybes
Hi thanks for the reply, I have been busy and just getting back around to completing this job. So what I have is one limit switch, at the bottom range of transmission shifter, which gives me (D)rive lit, (R)everse is lit thru reverse light wire, (P)ark and (N)eutral both run off of my trucks transmission neutral safety switch, unfortunately, Park and Neutral both have separate ground wire triggers, but always trigger together when either in Park or Neutral,, no way to separate. I know how to convert the dual grounds to dual hots, I am just stuck coming up with next step of how to get only (N) to light. Thanks!
jmaybes 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2020 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jmaybes
I suppose I could use a relay, using both the supplied ground and ground from neutral safety switch as triggers and convert to ac 12v+ output, but that would still leave me with how to NOT activate the (P), in the process.
jmaybes 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2020 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jmaybes
dammit, no edit function, added an extra letter of the worse one to the above post, should state "convert to A 12v+ output". Not ac. sorry.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic