icon

headrests

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
racerjms 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2003 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
Has anyone installed headrest screens into a 99 Ford F250 Superduty??? They are a solid seat with no seperate headrest to take off and I was wondering the difficulty in doing this? Also if someone has done it which I assue someone has, are there any pics floating around that I could see on either how to's or finished product. Thanks Racerjms
ezridr 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2003 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
I have done these ford seats, unfortuanately I don't have any pics. It isn't really that difficult.  Basically I took and measured the outside dimensions of the monitor case and cut out the headrest about 3/4 inch smaller all the way around. Then I took and built a frame out of mdf to house the monitor and put a 1/4 mdf back onto it and screwed and siliconed that to the sheetmetal part of the headrest. Then I took and folded and glued the cut out material to the frame and siliconed the monitor into place. This is pretty common technique for anyheadrest that you don't have a housing for. I was using the older Alpine 7" monitors. Hope this helps
completeaudio 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2003 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  

pretty much the same as any other headrest.  there is a metal plate to screw into.... pretty much strait foward to do.

here is pics of the ford seats we did in an expedition

http://completeaudio.net/installs/expedition.htm

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic