the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 Lexus RX350 Amplifier, Proprietary 12-pin Connector Pinout

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
neiz2020 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2020 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote neiz2020
Hi. I am troubleshooting my newly bought 2010 lexus rx350 audio system. It was not working when i bought it. It has nav. Fm radio, bluetooth, and nav are working but no sound.
I checked all the sound soeakers dc resistances and are in 4 to 6 ohn range.
The wires seems like not the originals because of the colors.
I checked the pin 5 and 11,both are grounded.
I am interested on the separate 12-pin connector pinout(some pins has no wires. Is that normal?) as shown on the 3rd and 4th pics below.
I have pictures of the amplifier and its connectors on the lexus.
Thanks for your help.
2010 Lexus RX350 Amplifier, Proprietary 12-pin Connector Pinout -- posted image.
2010 Lexus RX350 Amplifier, Proprietary 12-pin Connector Pinout -- posted image.
Neiz
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 14, 2020 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
The plug in the 3rd and 4th pictures looks like it may be the input from the radio to the amplifier.
Do you have an amplified computer speaker that you can sacrifice to do some testing?
Here is the speaker wiring at the amplifier.
Left Front Speaker (+/-)      white - red (mid and high); red - white (low)      +,-      amp bhnd RR seat, wh 10 pin plg, pins 1-5; wht 12 pin plg, pins 3-8           Notes
Right Front Speaker (+/-)      violet - pink (mid and high); black - yellow (low)      +,-      amp bhnd RR seat, wh 10 pin plg, pins 2-6; wht 12 pin plg, pins 10-9           Notes
Left Rear Speaker (+/-)      brown - green      +,-      amplifier behind RR seat, white 12 pin plug, pins 4 - 11           Notes
Right Rear Speaker (+/-)      yellow - blue      +,-      amplifier behind RR seat, white 12 pin plug, pins 5 - 12           Notes
Center Channel (+/-)      green - gray      +,-      amplifier behind RR seat, white 10 pin plug, pins 8 - 7           
Subwoofer (+/-)      black - red (1); yellow - green (2)      +,-      amplifier behind RR seat, white 10 pin plug, pins 1 - 5; 2 - 6
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 14, 2020 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Nobody changed the wires. Those are the OEM wires in your pictures.
neiz2020 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2020 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote neiz2020
Hi there, thanks for the reply.
I will check the outputs of the amolifier
In a couple of days using another speaker as you suggested, with regards to the connectors and the pin outs, the pin numbers i suppose are those beside the pins?
As to the separate 12-pin connector pinouts, do you know those signals that are present on those pins? I searched on the web and i found conflicting pin numbering orientations and signal descriptions. I know there are mute, txm(+,-), b+, gnd, etc. I tried probing using my digital meter and i couldnt figure out the pins. First, i tried looking for b+ which is the battery, but there is none ( i checked with the suv off).
Again, thanks for any more info you might have.
Neiz
neiz2020 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2020 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote neiz2020
In addition. Before i did remove the amplifier, i checked first all the fuses related to the audio system, one in the driver kicker panel, and the last one in the hood. All are good. But i am still wondering why on the amplifier harness side, on the 12-pin connector where the mute signal belongs, there in no 12v present.
Again thanks for any more info you guys can give...
Neiz
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 15, 2020 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
I was suggesting you check the output of the radio with an amplified computer speaker.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic