the12volt.com spacer
icon

2016 Hyundai Sonata, Avital 4105

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
avrohom24 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2020 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote avrohom24
Hi, Im installing the Avital 4105 in my 2016 Hyundai Sonata. There are 2 great pictorials and heir amazing. I'm getting lost with the door unlock issue. I understand the factory fob won't work when the engine is running. If I manually unlock and open the door, I assume it will set off the alarm. If I connect the unlock wire for the RS fob, again Im guessing it will set off the alarm.
How do I proceed?
ays
avrohom24 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2020 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote avrohom24
I was hoping someone can look over my wiring and help me with the few Im unsure about.
Primary Harness:
Alarm arm/Disarm ????
Brown Horn- Driver Kick Pin 21
Red/white Trunk Release-Dash Fuse Box 24 white, Pin 2
Back- Ground
White Light Output-Headlight Switch Pin 22 (pink wire)
Remote Start harness:
Skipping the tach for now-too complicated
Brown Brake Shutdown-Green Driver Kick pin 34
Heavy Gauge Relay:
Red 12V input- Green Ignition
Pink/White Second ignition/ accessory????
Red 12V Input- Brown Ignition
Orange Accessory Output-Orange ignition
Purple Starter- Yellow Ignition
Pink ignition- Pink Ignition
Satellite Harness:
?????
Door Lock:
Light Blue Unlock- Yellow 24 Pin 1
Green Lock- White 24 Pin 13
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated
Im confused about the arm/disarm and door lock/unlock while the engine is running
A few more questions
1) Do I need to attach the second accessory wire?
ays
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2020 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
avrohom24 wrote:
Hi, Im installing the Avital 4105 in my 2016 Hyundai Sonata. There are 2 great pictorials and heir amazing. I'm getting lost with the door unlock issue. I understand the factory fob won't work when the engine is running. If I manually unlock and open the door, I assume it will set off the alarm. If I connect the unlock wire for the RS fob, again Im guessing it will set off the alarm.
How do I proceed?
Your 2016 should be the same as the 2011 Pictorial. To turn off the Factory Alarm, you will need two 1N4001 diodes. These diodes will split the 4105's Disarm output into two separate wires that will connect to the two vehicle Disarm wires shown in the Pictorial. The final step will be to program the 4105 for a double pulse Disarm output. That's Menu 1, Feature 8 to Option 2.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2020 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
A few more questions
1) Do I need to attach the second accessory wire?
I would. It's already there, unused, in the 4105 harness. Just one more wire to connect. Plus you will program the 4105 for 2nd IGN behavior as ACC2, Menu 2, Feature 6 to Option 2.
Soldering is fun!
avrohom24 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2020 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote avrohom24
Thank You So Much!
Being that Im a newbie and have no idea how diodes work and would rather not blow up my car, do you know of somewhere I can find how they work? A diagram or clear instructions somewhere. Also, in your 2011 Sonata tutorial (which is amazing!) I don't see any reference on the diode issue. Just curious....
ays
kreg357 
Posted: July 16, 2020 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I didn't make a R/S wiring chart for that one, sorry.
Basic rule of thumb : If you connect one R/S wire to two vehicle wires, you must isolate. This prevents the signal from one vehicle wire from inputting over to the other wire. The blocking diodes prevent this cross-over. This site has a basic Diode Info section. In this situation, you would want to put the diodes bands towards the 4105. Here is a diagram :
2016 Hyundai Sonata, Avital 4105 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
avrohom24 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2020 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote avrohom24
Thank You! Seems simple enough. Gonna give it a try.
ays
avrohom24 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2020 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote avrohom24
Hi there, finally got around to do this install on a 2016 Hyundai Sonata. While the wiring is supposed to be the same as the 2011 pic tutorial it seems to be different wiring. I got stuck by the alarm disarm. In the previous model there were 2 disarm wires. In this one none of those pins have wires. I found on the 2017 Hyundai Tucson that the DKP white 24 pin , pin 12, pink wire is the disarm for that vehicle and on the 2016 Sonata there is also a pink wire there on pin 12 (Im trying to attach a picture of the connector, Not sure if it will upload) . I'm wondering if that's the disarm wire and how can I test that.
Thank You 2016 Hyundai Sonata, Avital 4105 -- posted image. of
ays
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,422
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2020 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
To test the factory alarm disarm wire you would put your meters red lead to 12v and the black lead on the suspect wire, when you turn the key in the drivers door to unlock your meter should go to 12v if you ha e the correct wire
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic