the12volt.com spacer
icon

Crimestopper RS0, Horn Wire Connection, 2010 Toyota RAV4

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
youghta 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2020 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote youghta
Hoping for some guidance on this scenario. I have a Crimestopper RS0 remote starter with the Crimestopper 4 button remote on a 2010 RAV4 key start. Everything is working fine, and now I just want to finish the install by connecting the horn wire for some feedback when locking and unlocking the doors with the CS remote. I have located the horn wire on the crimestopper (Yellow wire), and I have located the vehicle horn wire (light green) with the help of this post: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=13399.
I have tried connecting this up using two separate methods, and I don't hear a honk when using the crimestopper remote to lock/unlock the doors. First, I had a conversation with an installer that said that since the horn wire is measured at 12v at rest and 0V when honking (Which as I understand it is a negative trigger?) that I would just need to hook up the RS0 horn wire to the vehicle horn wire without a relay. Well, nothing happens. So I then tried a relay wired as follows with no luck.
Pin 86 to constant 12volts
Pin 85 to yellow horn wire form RS0
Pin 87 to ground
Pin 30 output to the light green vehicle horn wire
Any thoughts? Thanks for taking the time to read this.
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 03, 2020 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
should be a negative trigger so you shouldn't need a relay. I haven't installed a crimestopper in years and years now but i know some (like viper) you have to turn on the horn output in the menu or push the lock button twice to get it to honk the horn
found that from factory it's preset to 2 presses to sound horn. If you look at page 15 of the manual option #13 horn chirp confirmation
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
youghta 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2020 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote youghta
Awesome. Just tested minus the relay again after setting option 13. It worked like a charm. Thanks for your help!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic