the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000 Intrepid, Python 881xp Transmitter Buttons Not Working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
michaelrj9 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2020 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote michaelrj9
I have a 2000 Intrepid that has the old Python 881xp alarm system. The 4 transmitter buttons do not work anymore.
Long story short:
It was working great, the car sat for months and drained the car battery and the transmitter battery. I replaced both batteries and none of the 4 buttons work anymore on the transmitter.
However, the alarm must have been set before the batteries were drained because when I put in the new car battery the alarm went off when I tried to start the car and it disabled the starter and the transmitter was alerting me about the "break-in". The only way I could disarm the system was with the valet switch. The transmitter buttons did not work.
So it seems like the transmitter still gets signals from the vehicle but the lock, unlock, aux (trunk), or remote start don't work.
In the book, it says to press the lock button several times to re-sync the transmitter to the vehicle if for some reason it got disconnected. I tried that with no luck.
Any other things to try or do will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks   
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2020 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
Python 881XP Key Fob Programming Instructions
This is an instruction on how to program the remote to this system. Valet switch/button must be plugged into the BLUE port of the receiver in order to place your system on programming mode.
1. Open the driver’s door.
2. Turn the ignition to ON position using your key. Do not start the engine.
3. Within 5 seconds press the Valet button /switch the number of times corresponding to the desired channel ass seen on the picture below, then press and hold it. LED will flash the same number of times you pressed valet button and you’ll hear a chirp (if connected) to confirm the system’s programming mode. DO NOT release the button.
4. Press the button on the remote which you’d like to assign to that channel. You’ll hear another chirp to confirm that the remote has been paired.
5. Remove the key once you’re finish and release the valet button/switch
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic