the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 Chevrolet Silverado, LED Strips as Puddle Lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ynot80 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2020 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ynot80
I have a 2008 Silverado and I am going to put a set of LED strip lights under the rocker panels to use as puddle lights when you open the doors . I was looking at the wiring and the truck has a negative door trigger and the lights need positive so I know I need to do a relay. I noticed that the truck has a positive dome light supervision wire . Could I use that instead of the door trigger to power the lights on when the door opens ? Just thinking if that would work it'd save me having to wire up a relay .
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 11, 2020 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
i hooked mine to the door trigger. I hooked negative for the lights to the door trigger and the positive to a constant so ever time it see's the negative the light come on. Had it hooked up that way for 3 yrs now and no problems
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
Ynot80 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2020 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ynot80
Ill give that a try. The strips I bought are multi function ( turn signal, parking and puddle light) I dont want anything but the puddle lights so Im assuming hooking it up like you described shouldnt cause any issues. If it doesnt work for some reason Ill just wire a relay up.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic