the12volt.com spacer
icon

Scytek Astra A15 into 2018 Nissan Versa

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eldie3d 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2020 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eldie3d
I bought the Scytek Astra A15 alarm with remote start and keyless entry from eBay and there is no installation manual. I found a manual for a different Scytek Astra model. The wires seem to be the same... red, white, brown, blue w/white, white w/red, orange, brown w/white, black w/white, blue, gray, yellow, black, purple and green. Red goes to constant 12 volt power. White says, "Parking Light Output (+/-) relay. Connect the White w +12V or ground only when the parking lights are on and set the internal the proper polarity. For parking light circuits exceeding 10 amos, a relay independent left and right parking light circuits, diodes must be installed NOTE Do not connect the WHITE wire to the vehicle's headlight circuit."
I have a 2018 Nissan Versa sedan. I have no idea where to connect the white wire. I have no idea what polarity my parking lights are. In fact, I have no idea where to connect any of the wires except for the red one. I know how to connect that one to a constant power in my fuse box. Can someone please tell me where to connect the other wires? I'll attach screenshots of the other models wiring diagram. Thanks in advance!!!
Scytek Astra A15 into 2018 Nissan Versa -- posted image. Scytek Astra A15 into 2018 Nissan Versa -- posted image.
Yesterday is gone forever. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to come. All we have is the current moment.
- Eldon Eddie Ladner, Eldie3D
eldie3d 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2020 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eldie3d
I accidentally posted the wrong pic. I did buy 4 relays in case I need them for my power door lock upgrade. Here's the other wiring diagram. Thanks! Scytek Astra A15 into 2018 Nissan Versa -- posted image.
Yesterday is gone forever. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to come. All we have is the current moment.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2020 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The White wire at Pin 2 of 14 can be set to either a (+) or (-) Parking Light Output via an internal jumper. Set the jumper to a (+) output for your Nissan Versa. It can handle a 10 Amp circuit, so no external relay will be required. You will directly connect it to the wire shown below after testing and verifying it with a Digital Multi Meter ( set to 20 V DC ).
Versa
Parking Lamp (+)   RED ( or Blue )   DRIVER KICK PANEL GRAY 16 PIN CONN, PIN 4
or
Versa Note
Parking Lamp (+)   RED   DRIVER KICK PANEL WHITE 24 PIN CONN, PIN 3
Soldering is fun!
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2020 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
did you also buy a bypass module? I assume the 2018 nissan versa requires one.. (however being in the states, it's not law to have immobilizer)
eldie3d 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2020 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eldie3d
I did not purchase a bypass module. I'm not really sure what it is or why I would need it. I'm a high voltage (Alternating Current) electrician. I can light up a whole city! I thought with my knowledge and experience this would be simple! This low voltage (Direct Current) has me baffled!!! I can use all the help I can get with this. Do I absolutely need a bypass module? Where would I need to put it? Or why do I need it? Thanks a million!!!
eldie3d 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2020 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eldie3d
Hello!, Thanks for your help and your reply! As I stated in another reply, I'm a high voltage (Alternating Current) Electrician. I can light up a whole city! I thought this low voltage (Direct Current) would be easy. I've been proven wrong! I have a new respect for low voltage techs! So basically, I find a gray 16 pin connector in the area of the driver's kick panel. I then find pin 4 - I have a sedan (not a Note). Pin 4 should be red or blue. I test it with my multimeter set on 20v DC for polarity. If it's + I connect directly to pin 2 or pin 4? If my polarity is - then I use a jumper to change the polarity of pin 2?
I'm a little confused about pin 2's polarity cat be changed with a jumper, but it's pin 4 that I'm testing... What do I do if pin 4 tests negative? And what do I do if pin 4 tests positive?
I'm not trying to be a burden. I'm a fairly intelligent person that's a little confused. Thanks so much for your time and assistance!!!
Thanks!!!
eldie3d 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2020 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eldie3d
Wait a minute...
You said Pin 2 of 14,
and then you said Pin 4 of a 16 pin connector...
Are the 14 and the 16 two different connectors?
Thanks!!!
eldie3d 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2020 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eldie3d
Update:
I couldn't find a 14 pin connector in the driver's kick panel ("The White wire at Pin 2 of 14 can be set to either a (+) or (-) Parking Light Output via an internal jumper.").
I did find the 16 pin connector. I'm attaching 3 pictures. The first shows markings on the gray plastic. A #1 which I marked in red, a #8 that I marked in green and it also has an h4 marking that I labeled with blue. I think the h4 marking is insignificant. The second picture shows the other side with 7 and 16 embossed on the gray plastic. I labeled the 7 with blue and the 16 with red. The 3rd picture is going from the 1 marking to the 7 marking numbering each wire. If I'm correct, pin 4 is red with a silver dot. Is this the one I check for polarity? Or is this the one I splice into? Or both? Thanks a million!!! Scytek Astra A15 into 2018 Nissan Versa -- posted image. Scytek Astra A15 into 2018 Nissan Versa -- posted image. Scytek Astra A15 into 2018 Nissan Versa -- posted image.
eldie3d 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2020 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eldie3d
Scytek Astra A15 into 2018 Nissan Versa -- posted image.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2020 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
depends if you want the car to start or not.. try this, wrap the head of the key in tin foil and see if it starts. If it does you don't need a bypass module.. if it doesn't you need one. I am 99% you will need one. Only cars that i can think of that don't have an immobilizer in the states is hyundia. (key start ones)
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic