the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Scytek Astra A15 into 2018 Nissan Versa

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2020 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Update:
I couldn't find a 14 pin connector in the driver's kick panel ("The White wire at Pin 2 of 14 can be set to either a (+) or (-) Parking Light Output via an internal jumper.").
Sorry for the confusion. The 14 Pin connector I was referring to is the one on the Astra R/S unit with the White Parking Light output wire, not the Versa DKP.
From one of your photos, it looks like the Red wire at Pin 4 is the correct one. Just test it with your DMM. Should go to +12V when the Parking Lights are ON.
Soldering is fun!
eldie3d 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2020 at 3:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eldie3d
Oh... Ok!!!
I understand now...
Yes, the Astra's 14 pin has a red at 1 which goes to constant 12v power and the second pin (white) goes to the parking lights and can be pos + or neg -. This was half of my question... How to tell if I need positive or negative? And the second part is where do I connect it to? So if I put my digital multimeter on the red pin 4 of the Versa DKP and I get +12v, that's where I connect it? I cut that red wire, strip the 2 cut ends, join the white wire of pin 2 of the Astra and solder all 3 wires together?
Thank you for all your help!!!
Yesterday is gone forever. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to come. All we have is the current moment.
- Eldon Eddie Ladner, Eldie3D
eldie3d 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2020 at 3:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eldie3d
To silvercivisir,
I'm still very confused!!! And I apologise for my ignorance. The alarm is not installed yet and the key fobs that come with the alarm/keyless entry/remote start isn't working yet. My car is a base model Nissan Versa. It has manual/standard transmission, manual door locks, hand cranks for the windows and regular keys to open the door and start the engine. I do not have a Nissan key fob for my car. Once the alarm is installed I'll have a Scytek Astra key fob. I bought power window actuators/motors and power door lock actuators. I'm going to install it all, but starting with the alarm and door lock actuators. I'm still curious about the bypass module. Being that I don't have a Nissan key fob, how else can I tell if I need the bypass module? What exactly is a bypass module for? What does it do? Where does it connect to? Thanks a million for your help!!!
Yesterday is gone forever. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to come. All we have is the current moment.
- Eldon Eddie Ladner, Eldie3D
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 17, 2020 at 4:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
eldie3d wrote:
...How to tell if I need positive or negative? And the second part is where do I connect it to? So if I put my digital multimeter on the red pin 4 of the Versa DKP and I get +12v, that's where I connect it? I cut that red wire, strip the 2 cut ends, join the white wire of pin 2 of the Astra and solder all 3 wires together?
Thank you for all your help!!!
As mentioned by Kreg, verify with your meter that this wire has 12 volts only when the parking lights are on. If so, you will use a positive output on your Scytek. You don't need to cut the factory wire, just strip it back enough that you can connect to it.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 17, 2020 at 4:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
eldie3d wrote:
...I'm still curious about the bypass module. Being that I don't have a Nissan key fob, how else can I tell if I need the bypass module? What exactly is a bypass module for? What does it do? Where does it connect to? Thanks a million for your help!!!
Wrap the head of your ignition key (not key fob) in several layers of aluminum foil and try to start the engine. It should fail to start. You may also notice a key icon flashing in the instrument cluster letting you know the car doesn't "see" the transponder. This is a factory anti-theft feature and is pretty standard on most newer vehicles.
The bypass module will allow the engine to start by replicating the signal the system receives when you start with a key. It does this one of two ways: either digitally through the vehicle's databus wires, or by using another programmed key and running a loop of wire around the end of the ignition switch. The second option usually involves placing a key inside the bypass module, although you can make your own with some wire, a relay and a diode.
You can check the websites of the three main manufacturers of said bypass modules to hopefully get a better understanding:
https://directechs.com/
https://fortin.ca/
https://www.idatalink.com/
I've even purchased and successfully used universal "key-in-the-box" type bypasses from the local auto parts store in the past.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic