the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 Subaru Impreza, Immobilizer Bypass Module, 1 or 2 of Them?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jet slicker 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2020 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jet slicker
Hello everybody. I have exhausted a few hours of time trying to find a guaranteed, concrete answer for my question. The 12 volt forum is extremely helpful and I am hoping to get some insight here.
I have a 2011 Subaru Impreza hatchback with a manual trans that I am looking to install remote start on. Looking to use a Viper 4115V remote start and an Idatalink ADS-ALCA bypass module. I only have 1 key, so I was looking to use a keyless bypass module.
I would like to use the OEM keyfob to operate the door locks and factory alarm. I only need the 1 button remote start. The problem I am running into is I keep seeing that 2 bypass modules are needed for the install. 1 module for the bypass and one for the door locks. I believe most people are trying to install aftermarket lock/unlock modules and maybe they would need the 2 modules. Or, I did see a post on here where somebody installed the same products I am looking to install, but then his Subaru would activate the factory alarm when the remote start was activated. However, another forum post had the same products installed but there were no alarm problems.
My question is, can I just use 1 bypass module and hardwire the remote start to the car like normal? I would use the D2D connection from the single bypass module to the remote start module.
If I install this way, would I experience any alarm problems? Or is there anything I need to do with the factory alarm disarm/rearm or ignition out (to alarm) connections on the Viper 4115v?
Clarity on this would be GREATLY appreciated. I don't see why I can't just use 1 bypass module for the immobilizer and hook up the simple remote start like normal. It seems like it's been done, but I can't confirm.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 26, 2020 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Fortin will do both the immobilizer and door locks:
https://cdn02.fortin.ca/download/57431/evo-all_ig_reg_bi_sub-forester-impreza-wrxsti_2011-2013_key_a_57431.pdf
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2020 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
As far as I know, the Viper 4115V is not rated as "Safe" for use in a vehicle with a manual transmission. It has no support of Reservation Mode. Your vehicles manual transmission complicates the install. R/S systems that support MT vehicles require door pin monitoring and your vehicle with the factory alarm system requires a disarm/unlock prior to remote start to prevent the alarm being triggered. As mentioned, the Fortin EVO-ALL bypass module will do both functions, transponder bypass and locks/alarm. The iDatalink solution would require two bypass modules.
Soldering is fun!
jet slicker 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2020 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jet slicker
Thank you for the replies. I did look into the Fortin module, but including their software, the cost of it is 3x more than a single iDatalink bypass module. If I truly need a module to bypass the factory alarm then I suppose I might have to. However, there is no way the Viper 4115V could do that with the factory disarm and rearm connections? Of course, I could be way off on this and those connections wouldn't help me at all.
Or is there any other way somebody has hooked it all up and had it work with just 1 bypass module?
Just wanting to check all of my thoughts before I spend money on another bypass module or the Fortin.
-Randy

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic