the12volt.com spacer
icon

Idatastart Remote Starter, 2004 Grand Caravan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jabou 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2020 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jabou
DIYer... having some trouble getting the idatastart CMHCXAO module to work on a 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan. Hoping someone in the forum has some advice.
Here are the steps I've folllowed so far.
1.) Cut the little loop for automatic transmission.
2.)Flashed the module to required firmware on PC - no problems.
3.)Hooked everything up as per instructions although there are some contradictory instructions. In one part, it says to connect to door pin for RAP shutdown but on another install document, there is no mention of hooking up the RAP shutdown.
4.) Once everything was hooked up, I plugged in the CMHXCXAO module expecting to step through the 'module programming mode' - but for some reason, things aren't working as outlined in the install guide. But after I plug in the other connectors, the module does not go into 'module programming mode'... I close the door, open the door to turn on the data bus, turn the key to the 'on' position - and the instructions note the that the leds should light up... but there is nothing on the module. No lights. I've tried connecting without some of the connectors plugged in - expecting to get an red led error message - but that isn't occurring either.
5.) I know I have power (confirmed with multimeter) - and the module led flashes red briefly when I plug in the big 8 pin connector. But after I plug in the other connectors, the module does not go into 'module programming mode'... I close the door, open the door to turn on the data bus, turn the key to the 'on' position - and the instructions note the that the leds should light up red and then to green... but there is no activity whatsoever on the led.
6.) In the troubleshooting, it says that if there are no lights, that the unit is 'ready'. So, I thought that maybe the firmware flash had already programmed the module so then I tried to program the included remotes - but that isn't working either. When I plug the antenna into the module, the LED briefly flashes blue but then when I press the button on the antenna, nothing happens to the LED.
7.)The OEM, lock, lock, lock doesn't do anything.
8.) If I disconnect the module, the car starts but stops within a second - so it appears that the immobilizer is working.
9.) When I plug it the module, the vehicle starts and runs fine.
It is probably something stupid - but not sure what step I'm missing?
Any troubleshooting tips you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Jabou
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 28, 2020 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
*I've never programmed one of those, so I wouldn't know all the steps involved, etc.*
You mentioned verifying power at the unit (I'm guessing ground as well) and that's good. By your wording, I'm wondering if the unit isn't getting the door trigger. Have you verified this at the unit? If not, that would be my suggestion.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic