the12volt.com spacer
icon

Ford Remote Access

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rictorjr 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2020 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rictorjr
Hello all,
I'm new here and I'm having a hard time with something. Ford's remote access system (the RMU 3G cell module) is being discontinued as of 12/31/2020.
All solutions I've found seem to add a Fortin EVO-ALL with any aftermarket cellular module. I'm going with the CARLINK (VOXX) ASCL6.
My question is, I already have a factory remote start and the factory perimeter plus VSS that the current VOXX 3G Celluar module plugs into. Why do I need the Fortin EVO?
Can anyone help me with wiring the ASCL6 to the equipment I have, or will it not work?
The 3G module is trash once it is discontinued. I was thinking of cutting off the plug (6-pin with 5 used?) and splicing it to one of the three harnesses that came with the ASCL6. I've spent hours looking for wiring diagrams and come up a little short. Is it safe to just color match the wires. I can take some pictures if needed but I figure I'm just trying to do something simple or impossible.
Thanks
2014 Ford F150 Lariat
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2020 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
Share some pics of the original Voxx connectors.
Steve G
rictorjr 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2020 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rictorjr
Ford Remote Access -- posted image. Ford Remote Access -- posted image.
Here's the sacrificial plug I'd like to use. Thanks!
iskidoo 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2020 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
I think you should get a Fortin plug and Play kit from Amazon and then use the Carlink with that directly. In the little research I did on the Voxx Ford modem I think the old 3G connectivity was integrated into the start unit. The Carlink has basically a ground, 12v and a 2 data wires that integrate with most aftermarket systems. I think you'd be chasing your tail trying to reverse engineer that older system. I think that none of the wires in that harness would have the necessary data wires as it's most likely done internally. There are P&P kits on Amazon for about $70 that install in minutes and use your factory FOB but you'll need a cable to install the needed firmware for your truck. The Fordpass Smartlink OBDII upgrade to make your older truck work on 4G is at least $400 to install and $17 a month for the service so in the long run the Fortin unit is a drop in the bucket and requires no hacking into your truck's wiring. Just my 2 cents though, opinions may vary.
Steve G
iskidoo 
Posted: November 16, 2020 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
Unit for you 2014 F150
don't forget the flashlink update cable
Steve G
rictorjr 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2020 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rictorjr
I actually already purchased the same EVO module and flash updater you linked to. I was just hoping I could send it all back. The VSS Perimeter Plus security module handles the bypass and interface with the remote start. The plug pictured is from the RMU, cell connection which will be dead at the end of the year. I know the Fortin is plug and play, I just don't see why I can't swap one cell module for another. I'll have to remove the VSS module to use the Fortin and lose my shock sensor. I may try it anyway if I can without messing up the harnesses that came with the CARLINK. If I figure it out I'll let you know. Thanks for looking into it!
iskidoo 
Posted: November 17, 2020 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
Hey hey, After continuing to spend way too much time researching this I think I may have found the unit that this is based on and an accompanying wiring diagram that may make things easier for you to test. The cases of the units look identical. I think the ford RMU may have 1 less wire though. Perhaps one less aux output? Not sure but looking at the 4 pin connector of the omega unit should make marrying up the wires easier. Let me know how the testing goes.
http://omegacarlink.com/manuals/OMEGA-CARLINK-GPS%20install%20guide.pdf
Ford Remote Access -- posted image.
Steve G
iskidoo 
Posted: November 17, 2020 at 2:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
So after putting the LMU07H200 number into google I came across this wealth of info that seems to have much more technical data and a pinout that looks promising. Maybe Blue and Orange for data?
https://fccid.io/APV-200G/User-Manual/LMU200-User-Guide0124-3280049.pdf
Ford Remote Access -- posted image.
Steve G
rictorjr 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2020 at 3:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rictorjr
You're the man! Thanks! Just brown is missing! I'll use the CARLINK info I have and give is a shot! It might be a little while because I have to order some more taps. But you might have just saved some Ford owner some serious dough. If it works I'm going to post it all over the F150 forums!
rictorjr 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2020 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rictorjr
No dice, I tried different protocols, switching white/blue. I can't figure it out. It connects, shows voltage, but commands aren't received. Under ADS protocol I even saw the truck on GPS. I just can't get it to talk. I guess I lose my shock sensor and use the EVO...

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic